1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance from Bangalore to Wayanad

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by RishiB88, Jun 30, 2016.

1. RishiB88

RishiB88 New Member

I am from Bangalore and need to reach Wayanad. I don't have my transport so would be relying on public transport.

What is the distance from Bangalore to Wayanad?

Are there buses which go from Bangalore to Wayanad?

Is there a train which leaves from Bangalore for Wayanad?

Which is the best way of reaching Wayanad from Bangalore?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Bangalore to Wayanad is about 283 kms via the National Highway 275. It can take you 6 to 7 hours to reach Wayanad if you're driving. With public transport, it can take longer, about 7 to 8 hours.

Yes, there are buses that go from Bangalore to Wayanad. You'd have to choose between Sultan Bathery, Kalpetta or Vythiri as a destination in Wayanad though. Here's some of the buses you can ride:
    • KSRTC Buses. The KSRTC runs buses from Bangalore to various towns in Kerala, Wayanad is included in them. There are two reservation counters in Bangalore: one is at Kempegowda Bus Station or Majestic Bus Station and the other is at Mysore Road Satellite Bus Terminus. Both are open from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm. You can choose from different bus types: Ordinary, Passenger Fast, Super Fast, Super Deluxe, AC Air Bus and AC Volvo Bus. There are buses every hour starting at 6:00 am.
    • Private Buses. A few private bus operators are SKS Travels, Kallada Travels and Citi Tours. Here's some of their timings along with prices:
    • SKS Travels. Departs at 9:00 pm and arrives at 6:00 am. Price is at Rs. 540 for a non-AC Seater Bus.
    • Kallada Travels. Departs at 3:00 am and arrives at 8:15 am. For a Volvo Bus , it's at Rs. 1,075.
    • Citi Tours. Departs at 8:15 pm and arrives at 6:00 am. For a Semi-Sleeper bus , it's at Rs. 650.
    There are no direct trains from Bangalore to Wayanad. However, there's a train from Bangalore to Kozhikode. Kozhikode or Calicut is about 84 kms away from Wayanad. You can ride a bus going to Wayanad from here to hire a taxi.

There's a train from the Yesvantpur Junction Railway Station in Bangalore that leaves at 8:00 pm. It arrives in Kozhikode at 6:55 am. The train travel time is about 11 hours.

It depends on what type of bus or train you choose. Either way, there are different classes that can be more comfortable for you as a passenger. It can be more expensive but at least you're going to have the best ride on the way to Wayanad. Bus can be faster, depending on your stopovers and traffic still. Plus, it's just one ride and you won't need to transfer buses.

The train can be indirect but there's less bumps as it runs on rail. If you choose the First Class or the AC Tier 2, the whole journey will be comfortable for you. Then, from Kozhikode, it is just another two or three hours to reach Wayanad.

I hope this helps!