Car for rent in Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by 89UM, Jan 10, 2017.

1. 89UM

89UM New Member

I will be staying in Delhi with my relatives and although they have a care I would like to be driving around myself in my own time without having to cause any problems in their schedules. I have thought the best way would be to rent a car in Delhi.
    It's been a while since I have been to Delhi so I am not sure whether there are any car rentals in Delhi so I need to find out and also know what kind of charges would apply.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

In my opinion booking a cab for each ride would be better...

These days Ola cabs in delhi provide quick and comfortable cab services...

ChaiNashta likes this.

3. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

OLA and Uber both are cheap and more or less the same price but they are both taxi service. If you want to drive yourself then get a car from zoom car, it will work out a lot more than hiring a taxi if you are planning short trips.

4. Jivan

Jivan New Member

You're absolutely right! Renting a car in Delhi is a great way to explore the city and surrounding areas at your own pace, especially if you don't want to rely on your relatives' schedule. Here's some information to get you started:

Car Rental Agencies in Delhi

There are many reputable car rental agencies in Delhi, both international and domestic. Here are a few options to consider:

International: Avis, Hertz, Europcar

Domestic: Zoomcar, Selfdrive.in, Wheelzonrent

Rental Charges

The charges for renting a car in Delhi will vary depending on several factors, including:
    • The type of car you rent (hatchback, sedan, SUV, etc.)
    • The duration of your rental
    • The season (rates may be higher during peak season)
    • The insurance coverage you choose
    However, to give you a general idea, you can expect to pay anywhere from ₹1,500 to ₹5,000 per day for a basic hatchback car.
    Here are some resources that can help you compare prices and find the best deal on car rentals in Delhi:

Rental car comparison websites: Kayak, Expedia, Travelocity

Car rental agency websites: The websites of the individual car rental agencies you are considering will have up-to-date pricing information.

Tips for Renting a Car in Delhi
    • Book your car in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
    • Be sure to read the terms and conditions of your rental agreement carefully before you sign it.
    • Take out collision damage waiver (CDW) insurance to protect yourself from financial liability in case of an accident.
    • Be familiar with the traffic rules and regulations in Delhi.
    • Allow plenty of extra time for your journeys, as traffic congestion can be heavy in Delhi.