1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing from Myanmar

Discussion in 'East India' started by dane, Jul 5, 2016.

1. dane

dane New Member

any recommendations on where to head first, either as interesting sights or just place to get settled and start getting my head around India!

Is there much in this part of India worth seeing? open to any suggestions.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Once you arrive in India, you'd be in the town of Tamu/Moreh. These are the towns in the Indo-Myanmar Border of Chandel in the district of Manipur. It has a beautiful landscape and greenery which are, I think, very important in a tourist destination. Some attractions here are:
    • Angala Parameshwari Muneeswarar Temple. This is a temple dedicated to Lord Angala and Lord Muneeswarar. What's special about this temple is that there is one gate in Myanmar and another gate in India. It is a combination of both Dravidian and South Indian styles of architecture. There's also a garden in the temple that is a great place for relaxation and serenity.
    • Molnom Waterfall. This is about a 70 feet tall although you won't see it in the summer season as it dries up. During the monsoon season, it fills up with water and cascades into a beautiful waterfalls. The trek to reach the fall is quite challenging though.
    • Yangoupokpi Lokchao Wildlife Sanctuary. You can find various species of animals here. The Slow Loris and the Himalayan Black Bear are just some of the famous animals you can spot here.
    • Tengnoupal Village. This is considered as the highest point in Manipur. The Barak River also flows through this village.
    • Indo Myanmar Friendship Bridge. This is a 160 kms highway bridge connecting India to Myanmar. It is a famous tourist attraction on both sides.
    A few accommodations I was able to find:
    • Delight Hotel. Contact number: (387) 264960.
    • Ganggam Hotel. Contact number: (387) 264335.
    • River View Hotel. Contact number: (387) 264251.
    I hope this helps!