1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Jaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Nitish, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Nitish

Nitish New Member

I would like to get some help from forum members for my forthcoming trip from Delhi to Jaipur. I am not that used to long drives, and although it is only around a 4-hour drive I think it may get a bit tedious as there would be traffic along with small kids in the back seat making noise.
    I am fine with the stay in Jaipur as I have that all sorted out, it is the actual journey from Delhi to Jaipur which I need some help with.

1.What time should I leave for Jaipur from Delhi?

2. How many stop overs should I have on the way?

3. Please recommend some places to grab a bite to eat and also where there are clean toilets to use?

4. Is there anything in particular, I should take with me on my trip from Delhi to Jaipur?

5. Are there any places to see on the way to Jaipur?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I find it best to leave around 5am as you can leave Delhi before the morning rush and you will have gone a lot of distance leaving the Gurgaon traffic behind by the time it is 7-8am when traffic starts to build up. Leaving around 5-6 also means that you will be at your hotel at the time of checkin as most hotels have 12:00PM as checkin time.

It is not a lot of distance but as you have kids with you I would suggest stopping over somewhere midway. There are no decent dhabas on that route like you would find on Delhi - Amritsar highway but they are ok for a quick snack. There are cafe coffee days on the route that you can stop at.

Cafe coffee day is the only thing that comes to mind. There are atleast two on the way, one will be on your side of the road while going to Jaipur and one on the opposite side. Have your GPS on and search on Google maps if you have an android phone. You cannot miss it as its shown on Google maps.

Jaipur will start to get hot soon so water bottles for kids would be great.

You could take a right turn at Alwar and go to the haunted Bhangarh fort if haunted places are of any interest to you. That road is a bit iffy so keep a spare tire by all means. Your kids will love it due to the stories associated with Bhangarh and it would give them bragging rights at school as not many other kids would have been there. It is worth a day trip. If you leave Delhi 4AM you can be at Bhangarh by 8am, spend 3-4 hours there and you will be at Jaipur in the afternoon. Sariska is another option if you plan to stay a couple of days.

briannagodess likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I suggest leaving in the early morning as much as possible. The morning rush hour starts at 7:00 am so it's better if you can avoid that. If you can leave before 6:00 am, the better. It also depends on where you're from in Delhi, if you're far away from the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway. If you're far from the expressway, then you would need to leave a little more early.

Since you have kids, it depends upon you really. It's not really that long of a journey and even just one stopover will suffice. But with kids, you never know, since there would be toilet breaks, snack breaks and whatever more delays you have to endure. At the most, it can be two stopovers.

Here are some places you can grab a bite to eat en route to Jaipur:
    • Hotel Highway King. This one's in Shahpura just before you reach Jaipur. Try out their Paneer Butter Masala and the Pao Bhaji. The restaurant is very clean as well and even the restrooms are clean.
    • Mangalam Safari. This one's in Behror and it's not really just a restaurant, it's also a resort. Food is of great taste and the ambience is quite nice as well. The restrooms here are also well-maintained and clean.
    • Old Rao Restaurant. You can find this in Dharuhera on NH8. Probably one of the most popular restaurants along the Delhi-Jaipur Highway. Try out their Paratha with Makkan.
    Most of the restaurants have clean restrooms so you can just make use of those.

Bring in some entertainment for kids whether it be toys, gadgets or puzzles. The journey isn't that long but kids can get bored easily even with short trips. Bring some water as well so you won't have to buy from convenience stores. Of course, a camera is a must to be able to capture these moments. Some little snacks like biscuits and chips can also help if you're stuck in traffic and cannot access restaurants.

In Dharuhera, you can visit the following:
    • Kingdom of Dreams which features India's arts, crafts, cultures and traditions.
    • Farrukh Nagar Fort which is built with Mughal styled architecture.
    In Shahpura, you can visit the following:
    • Shri Durga Mandir.
    • Mandia Temple.
    • Shahpura Fort.
    I hope this helps!