1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Kalka Distance by Road

Discussion in 'North India' started by Sonu, May 28, 2016.

1. Sonu

Sonu New Member

I need to reach Kalka from Delhi as I will be getting the Kalka to Shimla train. I don't have a particular time when I need to reach Kalka, but I need to know the Delhi to Kalka distance by road, so I can reach my destination in a timely manner and make hotel bookings accordingly.

I will be taking my car from Delhi, so traffic has to be considered as well, as getting out of Delhi is a mission and the least I want is getting stressed over traffic.

Does anyone know what time the Kalka to Shimla train operate?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The distance from Delhi to Kalka is 274.4 kms. That's about five hours of travel time, considering there's traffic. I would suggest for you to take the roads during the day. At night, there's lorries and bad road conditions. At least during the day, it's bright and you will be more able to see the roads clearly.

The Kalka to Shimla trains have the following schedules:

• From Monday to Sunday, the Kalka-Simla Express leaves at 6:00 am and arrives at 11:05 am.
    • From Monday to Sunday, the Himalayan Queen leaves at 12:10 pm and arrives at 5:20 pm.
    • From Monday to Sunday, the Shivalk DLX Express leaves at 5:30 am and arrives at 10:05 am.
    I hope this helps!