1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dharamshala to Khajjiar Distance by Road

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Ashesh, May 30, 2016.

1. Ashesh

Ashesh New Member

I plan to go on a visit to Dharamshala with the family, but I think the trip to Dharamshala will be shortened, and I would move forward to Khajjiar, which is a much better place to visit than Dharamshala and much more for the family to do there.

As I would be taking my car with me, I need to know the distance from Dharamshala to Khajjiar distance by road, and what route I should take as I have not been past Dharamshala before.

Thanks.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Ashesh! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between Dharamshala and Khajjiar is 126.7 kms. If you drive, that is about four hours or more of travel time. The route you have to take is: Dharamshala > McLeodganj > Dalhousie > Khajjiar.

Here's a possible itinerary for you:

• Day 1 - Arrive at Dharamshala during morning. Have some lunch and depart for McLeodganj.
    • Day 2 - Arrive at McLeodganj. Visit these places: Dal Lake, Bhagsu Nag Temple and Tibetan Monastery. Have dinner and rest for the night.
    • Day 3 - Full day tour at the Tea Garden. Rest for the night.
    • Day 4 - Have breakfast and depart for Dalhousie after. Day tour at Dalhousie once you arrive. Rest for the night.
    • Day 5 - Depart for Khajjiar and visit must-see places like the Naga Temple and Khajjiar Lake.
    Here's a few things you can do and places you can visit in Khajjiar:
    • Have a picnic at the very serene Khajjiar Lake.
    • Visit the Khalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
    • Enjoy golfing with your family.
    • Try trekking at some easier routes. Or maybe horse riding.
    • Visit the temples of Naga and Golden Devi.
    I hope this helps!