1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dhabas in Amritsar

Discussion in 'North India' started by ShashiJain, Jul 10, 2015.

1. ShashiJain

ShashiJain New Member

I have just arrived in the holy city of Amritsar, and I didn't really research about the place until a friend mentioned about the eateries in Amritsar and how they should not be missed. He couldn't remember any of the names of the places, so have joined IndiaTravelForum in the hope to get some information on some of the best dhabas in Amritsar.

2. KK

KK Member

The famous dhaba in Amritsar is Bhrawan da dhaba, which serves authentic Punjabi food cooked in desi ghee. The dhaba has been converted into a proper looking restaurant but the name still consists of it being a dhaba.
    Kesar da dhaba is also another famous dhaba of Amritsar which is famous for their dal tadka and dal makhani. Kunda dhaba is famous for its rajma rice and again dal makhani which is a favourite amongst Punjabis.
    Coming to the no vegetarian options you have a choice of two the famous Pal da dhaba and Surjit da dhaba.

3. ShashiJain

ShashiJain New Member

Is the place where they cook a whole chicken in atta for around 6 hours in Amritsar too or is that somewhere else?

4. Vishal_Pav

Vishal_Pav New Member

If you are not a fussy eater then you can go to any dhaba in Amritsar as the food served in all places is fantastic. Yes there are speciality places which are superb but if you can not find your desired place or don't know where to eat just go to any place which is crowded.

5. Oju

Oju New Member

I think this is one place where you should not eat, especially if you want dhaba kind of food. The food now served at Bhrawan da dhaba is very restuarant type of food which you can get anywhere in Amritsar. So if you want the authentic dhaba then dont go to these restaurant type of places.