1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance Between Sonmarg and Pahalgam

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Abhilash, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Abhilash

Abhilash New Member

I will be arriving in Srinagar mid-June, and I am planning on visiting both Sonmarg and Pahalgam. This decision is yet to be finalized yet as I don't know what the distance between the two destinations is, and because it is a hilly area it can take more time than expected.

I would like to know the distance between Sonmarg and Pahalgam, and to clarify I need the road distance, not the aerial distance.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Abhilash!

The exact distance between Sonmarg and Pahalgahm is 164.3 kms, so that's about three hours or more when you're riding a car. But to reach Sonmarg, you would need to take the Srinagar route. Adding Srinagar to the route can take another 50 kms, so that's an additional hour of travel time. Here's the route you have to take:

Srinagar > Gulmarg > Sonmarg > Pahalgam

This route has good road conditions so it's possible for you to reach your destination early. You can choose between bringing your own car or taking a bus. The sceneries en route to Pahalgam are quite amazing and very much worth it.

I hope this helps!