1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance from Cochin to Alleppey

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by KundraG, Aug 8, 2016.

1. KundraG

KundraG New Member

My arrival point for my forthcoming trip will be in Cochin, from there I need to head towards Alleppey.

I would like to get some help in finding out what the road distance from Cochin to Alleppey is?

I would like to know how much time it would take to travel from Cochin to Alleppey on a bus and taxi and which mode of transport you would recommend.

If you fo recommend traveling by bus, please mention what bus it would be.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

The road distance between Cochin to Alleppey differs for different routes:
    • Route No. 1 via NH66 - This route is about 53 kms in distance. It can take you an hour or more to reach Alleppey.
    • Route No. 2 via SH15 and SH40 - This route is about 69.4 kms in distance. It can take you two hours to reach Alleppey with this one.
    • Route No. 3 via SH66 and NH66 - This route is about 56.5 kms in distance. It can take you an hour and a half to reach Alleppey using this route.

So here are your bus transportation options:

1. KSRTC Buses - You can board KSRTC Buses and they mainly have two bus stations in Cochin: Ernakulam Main Bus Station located in Rajaji Road and Angamally Bus Terminal. From these bus stations, there are regular buses going to Alleppey. Some of their timings are:
    • Super Deluxe Air Bus (Code:1730KNRTVM) - Departs at 00:05 and arrives at 1:30. Fare is at Rs. 85 per passenger.
    • AC Scania Multi-Axle (Code:2000CBETVM) - Departs at 00:15 and arrives at 1:25. Fare is at Rs. 95 per passenger.
    • Super Fast (Code:2140PLKTVM) - Departs at 01:05 and arrives at 2:35. Fare is at Rs. 55 per passenger.
    • AC Scania Multi-Axle (Code:1915KNRTVM) - Departs at 01:30 and arrives at 3:00. Fare is at Rs. 95 per passenger.
    • Super Fast (Code:2100CBETVM) - Departs at 01:50 and arrives at 3:15. Fare is at Rs. 55 per passenger.
    2. Buses from Vyttila Mobility Hub - The Vyttila Mobility Hub is a newer bus terminal. But almost all intercity, city and interstate bus operators go here. From Cochin to Alleppey, here are the bus timings:
    • Super Fast via Thrissur - Departs at 1:05 am.
    • Super Fast via Kollam - Departs at 2:30 am.
    • Silver Line Jet via Kannur -Departs at 4:20 am.
    • Super Fast via Vyttila Hub - Departs at 5:50 am.
    • Fast Passenger via Vyttila Hub - Departs at 6:30 am.
    • Super Fast via Vyttila Hub - Departs at 6:50 am.
    • Super Fast via Puthenvelikkara - Departs at 7:30 am.
    So as you can see, buses ply every 30 minutes, 40 minutes or an hour from the Vyttila Mobility Hub.

3. Buses from Thoppumpaddy Bus Stand - Your next option would be to board a bus from the Thoppumpaddy Bus Stand. Bus timings are :
    • Ordinary via Athani - Departs at 6:15 am.
    • Ordinary via Athani - Departs at 4:00 pm.
    Then, from Thoppumpaddy, change for a bus going to Alleppey.

4. Buses from Aluva Rajiv Gandhi Bus Station - If you're coming from the airport, this is the nearest bus stand from there. Regular buses going to Alleppey also come from here. Buses are usually available every 30 minutes or so.

So with a bus, journey time is between an hour and a half. It can be more depending on the traffic that day and how many stopovers the bus have.

With a taxi, the journey is shorter and more comfortable. If you have the money to spare, I'd recommend just riding a taxi to reach Alleppey from Cochin. Taxi fare is between Rs. 1,400 to Rs. 1,800. Journey time can be between an hour or less.

I already mentioned your choices above. I would recommend the KSRTC Buses as they're cheap and comfortable enough. Anyway, the journey isn't that long so it's fine whatever bus you choose. However, you can even choose from different buses with the KSRTC.

I hope this helps.:)