1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance from Madgaon Station to Baga Beach

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Jatan, May 28, 2016.

1. Jatan

Jatan New Member

My arrival from Bangalore will be at Madgaon station, which would roughly be a 14-hour journey, and obviously tiring as I hate traveling, but I love holidays.

Our hotel is near Baga beach, and from Madgaon station I need to go to Baga beach, and I need to know what the distance from Madgaon station to Baga beach is so I can book the required transport. If the distance is not too much, I will get a bus, but if it is far then, I would probably book a taxi.

Please also mention how far the bus stand is from the station and if there is a taxi stand outside the station?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Jatan!

The distance between Madgaon Station to Baga Beach is about 55 kms. The journey can take anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours. It depends on the traffic, delays and stopovers you take. There is a taxi stand just outside the station, in front of it actually. The Bus Station of Margao is about 5 kms away from the Madgaon Railway Station.

Here is the rate for riding a non-AC taxi from Madgaon Railway Station to Baga Beach: Rs. 1,155. For an AC taxi, the rate is: Rs. 1,255. If you want to save some money, it's better for you to ride a taxi up to the Margao Bus Station. From there, you can ride buses to whatever destination you want to.

If you decide to take the bus, go to the Margao Bus Station. Then, take a bus going to Panaji. Drop off at Kadamba, Panaji and change into a bus going to Baga.

I hope this helps!