1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairly Decent Hotel In Delhi?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by nemanjanp, Sep 29, 2015.

1. nemanjanp

nemanjanp New Member

I am looking for a decent hotel in Delhi. Possibly, not very far from center of the city and 3-4 stars. I've been looking for quite a while and simply can't decide between so many hotels. The room should be 2 beds.

It would be a great plus if the hotel could also be pet friendly, although it's not exactly necessary. Also I would prefer if neighborhood would be somewhat peaceful and quiet.

Btw: Might be kinda off-topic here, but, what are some of the bests tourist tour companies in Delhi? How common are those in India? And what are the prices?

Thanks in advance!

2. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Hi Nemanjanp. Hope you are well. The hotels in this area are very wide-ranging in pricing. You can find hotels going from US$20 to $500 the night. Have you already set up budget for your stay? If so what is your daily hotel budget? This is so that we may better help you.

3. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

There are actually many travel groups that operate in and from Delhi. Some of them are associated with travel agencies which isn't the best option to take, while the rest do not exactly advertise themselves enough to be popularly known. There are many websites that have different tour packages available according to prices, duration of stay, etc. If you're looking for places to visit in and around Delhi, you might want to check the capital's official state government tourism site - :: Welcome to Delhi Tourism:: Official Website of Government National Capital of Delhi ::. Here you will also get good deals on flights, hotels and other information related to places around Delhi.

About other groups, well there are many online ones such as -
    Incredible India - excellent for a visual preview of any place you may want to visit
    TripAdvisor: Read Reviews, Compare Prices & Book - great site to compare user reviews
    India Tours - Indian Tour Operator and Travel Agency, Package Tours India, India Travel Packages, New Delhi India Tour Operator, Travel Agent India

If you're a trekking and hiking enthusiast, then this one is worth a look -
    Guide to trekking in India

For booking hotels across India, try this site -
    Booking.com

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd also recommend booking.com as the best place to book hotels in India, as you can tailor exactly what you want from the list of hotels it brings up.

You choose what amenities you need, any special needs you might have and also what prices you want to pay, so it does all the hard work for you.

5. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Can you give some more info about booking a good hotel. I am from Serbia and i am not even sure if we have to many good offers in travelling agencies. And i saw here a comment where it i read it is not recommended. Personally, my choice would be to go there alone, no group, so i would like to book a good not so expensive hotel. I have plans to visit India and enjoy the culture, food an beautiful nature. If there are some sites that can help me please leave some links or if you have some personal experience or even promote your motel or rooms to let.

6. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

For the time I stayed in the beautiful country India, I was in Delhi, too! The hotel I stayed in was called Taj Palace and it was a very nice experience! They have a built in restaurant and their food was great. They were very lenient towards me because I didn't know everything such as some words. I enjoyed my stay and I'd have to recommend it.