1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farmagudi Residency Goa

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by RonitLS, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RonitLS

RonitLS New Member

Previous to my inquiry about Dona Riva Guest House Guest I have another accommodation which I would like to inquire about which is the Farmagudi Residency Goa. I think there two resorts with similar names to this and to clarify I am interested in the one located in Ponda.
    So here is my list of questions.

1. Is Farmagudi Residency Goa a government accommodation?

2. Is the bathroom clean and hygienic?

3. Do they have a restaurant?

4. Do they serve good seafood?

5. Are there any nearby restaurants?

6. How far is the beach from the restaurant?

7. How far is Mangeshi Temple from Farmagudi Residency?

2. Deven

Deven Member

There is only one Farmagudi Residency the other property is Farmagudi Retreat.

1. Yes, Farmagudi Residency Goa is a government-run accommodation.

2. The bathroom is standard and is cleaned on a daily basis.

3. Farmagudi has its own restaurant and also provides room service as well.

4. The seafood is very good, which is one of the reasons why people stay at the resort. The food is traditional so you get the best Goan taste.

5. There are quite a few restaurants near the resort which include Hill Breeze, Martins Corner, Tilve, Fishka, Chula and many more.

6. The nearest beach is Utorda beach which is 14.4km away from Farmagudi Residency.

7. Mangeshi Temple is 4km away from Farmagudi Residency.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Yes, the Farmagudi Residency in Ponda is a property of the Goa Tourism Development Corporation. Compared to other properties in the area, it's cheaper but a bit further from the beaches and the restaurants. However, if your main aim is to visit the temples around Ponda, this is a good choice for an accommodation as it's very near such attractions.

Rooms and bathrooms are generally clean. Some of the rooms have non-working faucets and geysers. But I won't deny that their bathrooms are pretty clean for the price you pay.

They do have a restaurant in the hotel premises. The restaurant serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.

Yes, they do serve seafood dishes, their menu has options for that. Their seafood dishes are good enough. Although for the more experienced foodies, the dishes might not be good enough for them.

Yes, there are nearby restaurants to the Farmagudi Residency, like:
    • Laxmi Bar and Restaurant - This is about 3.4 kms from the residency. They have Goan and North Indian cuisines. They also have a variety of seafood dishes.
    • Savor Restaurant and Bar - This is about 4.6 kms from the residency. They have Goan, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their Chicken Vindalho and Apple Chicken.
    • Mini Punjab - This is about 800 metres or a 4-minute walk from the residency. They have Goan, North Indian and Continental cuisines. They also have a variety of seafood and meat dishes.

Here are the distances of the beaches from the Farmagudi Residency:
    • Velsao Beach is about 26.2 kms away from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Utorda Beach is about 25 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Sunset Beach is about 26 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Colva Beach is about 25.1 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Benaulim Beach is about 26.5 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Bogmalo Beach is about 36.1 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Grandmother's Hole Beach is about 41.5 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Dias Beach is about 35.6 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    • Siridao Beach is about 29 kms from the Farmagudi Residency.
    The other beaches are too far away from the Farmagudi Residency. These are the closest ones.

The Mangeshi Temple is about 6.4 kms away from the Farmagudi Residency.

I hope this helps!