1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farming

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Nita, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Nita

Nita New Member

I am so interesting in farming and agriculture. I would love to see how people farm and grow food in India. I think it is fascinating how different people farm their lands and how they grow food. Would anyone know if it's possible to see some farm land in India and where I could go.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I recommend exploring plantations and farms as well. Plantations can show you how certain herbs and spices are planted and made. You also get to see how farmers go about organic farming. I'm not sure about other places but in Goa there's:

1. Mangal Plantation
    2. Sahakari Spice farm
    3. Savoi Plantation
    4. Rustic Plantation

I'm sure there are lots more. I hope this helps you!

3. Daira

Daira New Member

Oh, this is a very fascinating idea and I didn't even realize there are plantations we can visit. My husband will really get into this sort of thing. I can't wait to tell him! Thanks!

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Rural India is farmer's India. In many places farming is very primitive that they still use wood plow pulled by ox. If you want to see how wheat is grown and harvested, you can see in Pubjap. If you want to see rice farming, I recommend visiting Tamilnadu.

5. swalia

swalia Guest

India is a diverse country. Punjab is the agricultural belt of India. You can go to Punjab to see lush green wheat and paddy fields. For tea plantations, consider going to Darjeeling. South India is famous for its rubber and coffee plantations.

6. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

India the land of agriculture from east to west and north to south. Some of the best places to visit India to see farm lands are Punjab, Haryana, Chhattisgarh and much more.

7. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

I am grateful for these suggestions. I would like to get some perspective on both the old and new ways of farming in India, and these places should cover it all.

8. Kristie

Kristie New Member

This sounds like a really great idea for an activity. I love gardening, so I am sure I will really enjoy visiting some farms in India.

9. Voyager

Voyager New Member

India is full of villages and you can reach a village on the outskirts of any city. Most of the work that people in the villages do is directly or indirectly connected to farming. It is good to see that someone in this day and age is interested in farming!