1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time out of country

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Jessica_91, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I am planning a long trip to India by the end of this year and want to see Delhi, Mumbai, Agra, Kerla, Varanasi and Rajasthan. I am hoping to meet some experienced travellers here and talk about their trips and journeys across India. I want to start my trip from Delhi and make my way to the South via Rajasthan and Mumbai, any advice or tips for first time traveler?

Jessica

2. Bholae Nath

Bholae Nath New Member

Carry as less clothes as you can because they will be just useless here, India is a hot n humid country and all you need here is cotton.. pure cotton outfits. In initial days it will be difficult for you to adjust with 100 people eying at you every moment (that's what all Indian men do when they see a white girl :D) but later it will be alright as you will be totally used to it.

Jessica_91 likes this.

3. RAJESH VARMA

RAJESH VARMA New Member

Just wondering why are you missing the opportunity to visit the great himalayas. I think you should take some time out to visit the hill stations. I am sure you will love it.

Jessica_91 likes this.
  4. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Thanks for the suggestions @Bholae Nath I will keep that in mind while packing.

@RAJESH VARMA
    I have visited plenty of hill resorts and ski resorts in my own country and I am more interested in seeing people and their way of life as opposed to natural beauty which we have in plenty in the USA. This time around its gonna be more of forts and palaces and all that sort of stuff combined with some beaches. Thanks for the suggestion, greatly appreciated.