1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getaways near Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by Shaila, May 3, 2015.

1. Shaila

Shaila New Member

I am looking for a short getaway near Delhi for a group of us girls. We are looking for something like a holiday resort or relaxation type of hotel where we can spend maybe two or three days just to relax. The location should be as near as possible to Delhi, because if there is any kind of emergency we can reach home quickly. There is no set budget yet as we are yet to decide on that, so all options are welcome.
    Thank you forum members.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Surajkund and Sultanpur bird sanctuary are also good options if you are going in a day or two because after that it will get hotter and hotter.

Have a look at the Weekend getaways from Delhi thread to know about other options from Delhi.

3. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

Jaipur has some beautiful forts and palaces that you can visit. It is also not very far from Delhi.

4. Shaila

Shaila New Member

How far is Surajkund from Delhi?

Sultanpur sanctuary seems more of a going out and doing things trip and other than it would be just staying inside the hotel rooms, not really the kind of thing I am looking for with a girls holiday, but a nice suggestion for a family vacation. Thanks anyway.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Surajkund is within the NCR and would not take more then an hour no matter where you are in Delhi give and take 10 mins.

6. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Neemrana fort is not just hotel rooms, there is a lot to see there and its a massive fort.

7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Here is a list of some resorts which are near Delhi and are within 100km, which is one of your requirements.

Neemrana is what comes to my mind as it has everything you want. Prices are going to be a little on the higher side for decent rooms. Neemrana fort is a heritage hotel which is about 100 km from Delhi on the Jaipur highway.
    Bookings can be done either online or through their Lajpat nagar office.

Botanix Nature Resort, this is not too far from Gurgaon around half an hours drive and is an adventure camp or farm resort with some good amount of greenery for you to relax.

Heritage Village Resort which is located Manesar and is another resort which matches with your requirements. The resort has a spa, swimming pool and just the perfect place to unwind.

The Westin Sohna Resort is again a resort with a spa and is in Sohna. The resort not only has rooms but also villas which you can choose from, something ideal for a girly holiday.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  8. Shaila

Shaila New Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think the suggestions from Admin seem more suitable and would most probably choose from one of them. Neemrana Fort did come into my mind but the distance made me drop the idea, so the choice will be from Heritage Village Resort, Botanix Nature Resort and The Westin Sohna Resort.