1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Visit Near Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by NeesaHarish, Apr 11, 2016.

1. NeesaHarish

NeesaHarish New Member

I am from Delhi, and I would like to know some places to visit near Delhi. I have been to places which are a bit far away like Punjab, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand, but would like to find some places which are closer to Delhi yet away from the busy city.
    I think places under 250km is something which I am looking for. I guess that would be around a 4-hour drive, but no more than that.
    The purpose of the holiday is just to take a break and get some fresh air and good surroundings.

I have researched a bit and found out about Sohna. This is somewhere near Gurgaon. Some feedback on this place would be good.
  2. Deven

Deven Member

There are very few places to visit near Delhi within the distance range you have given, but the ones which are just borderline or slightly under have been listed below according to their states.

- Neemrana Fort is a good choice and is only 100km away from Delhi. You can easily relax there, and you would not find any noise or pollution. Although I would not recommend going there during the summers as it would be too hot. Something more ideal from the month October to March.

- Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan is another ideal destination near Delhi which is roughly 185km from New Delhi. In Jhunjhunu, you can see many haveli's for which Jhunjhunu is famous for, a lot of greenery and the famous Rani Sati Temple.

- Lansdowne is about 198km away from New Delhi and is a popular destination. The destination is famous for its hills, temples and Bhullatal Lake.

- Mussoorie another famous destination which is around 221km again famous for its hilly destination, clean air and greenery in the summer and snow filled hills in the winters.

Himachal Pradesh

- Nahan is in Himachal Pradesh and is around 217km from New Delhi. It is most famous for the temples there, ponds, gardens. Again a place with clean air and no hustle and bustle.

Sohna is also a great destination to choose, as they have a number of resorts and heritage haveli's turned into hotels. Sohna would be an ideal destination as it is closer to Delhi and yet you will get the peace and quiet which you need.
    BadBoy likes this.
  3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I'll start with Sohna, since you wanted some feedback for the place. Here's a few places and activities that you can go to in Sohna:
    • Sohna Sulphur Springs. The water from this spring is said to heal certain skin conditions. Even conditions like gout and rheumatism are said to be healed by the water from the springs. This is also one of the most popular place in Sohna.
    • Damdama Lake. This lake is surrounded by the Aravali Mountains. There's lots of things to do here: boating, parasailing, kayaking or parasailing. You can also opt to enjoy a small picnic beside the lake. You can also try bird watching as the lake is home to a lot of migratory birds.
    • Fairs called Gangasnan and Teej can be fun to attend to.
    • You can visit Westin Sohna, a popular luxury resort.

Other places besides Sohna that I can recommend are:

• Surajkund. It is only 30 kms away from Delhi and it's a great destination if you are into traditional village life. You would learn a lot about the culture of the locals and would be exposed to their arts, crafts and fairs.

• Alwar. This one's about 120 kms away from Delhi but it's worth the trip. You can visit the Sariska Tiger Reserve or the Silserh Lake.

• Almora. A litthe farther away at 320 kms, if you're a fan of trekking, this place is for you. You can actually view the Himalayas from here.
    I hope this helps!
    Admin likes this.