1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going By Road To Bhutan

Discussion in 'Bhutan' started by Voyager, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Voyager

Voyager New Member

Someone I know traveled to Bhutan by road and was very impressed by the smooth roads in Bhutan. Also, he was able to see some beautiful scenery on the way to Thimpu, the capital of Bhutan. I am thinking of going by road too, instead of flying down.

2. xTinx

xTinx Member

There are more or less 800 miles between India and Bhutan (from near Nagpur to Thimpu) and it may take you a day or so to get there. If you think you can handle the distance, then go for it, but frequent stop overs may be in order so that you can attend to your basic necessities.

3. rajarshi das

rajarshi das New Member

Actually the distance is the problem. I do agree that the scenery is beautiful though,but u will face issues such as. you wint find proper toilets,shops,hotels etc when ever u need them. However with friends (men) u wont fase that much problem.

Chahal likes this.
  4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

India and Bhutan share a border, I don't know where you got that Nagpur bit from because that is right in the centre of India and there is no mention of Nagpur in the first post.

Distance between India and Bhutan is "Zero Miles" if you stand at the border :)

5. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would also add that there are a lot of curves in the roads. As with Nepal, the terrain means the roads are seldom straight over long distances. This is great on a motorcycle if you want some spectacular views, but also means you should be a proficient driver if you want to go by car.