Guide To Khajuraho Temples

Discussion in 'Madhya Pradesh' started by Vinaya, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

I am planning to visit Khajuraho temples in Madhya Pradesh. How do I get to the temples from Gorakhpur and Lucknow(these cities are the nearest locations in India from my home country)

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Are you driving or using public transport?

3. NishaSahaay

NishaSahaay New Member

if you will go in Madhy pradesh for visit to khajuraho temple its depends on you. how you are going if you are going by bus or own vehicle then its good . many peoples are there. they will explain you about to every pictures.

4. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

You can use bike and any type of public transport.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Gorakhpur is about 540 kms from Khajuraho. To reach Khajuraho from Gorakhpur, here are the trains you need to board:

1. Go to the Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station.

2. Ride the Gorakhpur - Durg Express Train No. 18202. It arrives at 1:40 pm in the Gorakhpur Junction.

3. Depart at Allahabad Junction. Time would approximately be at 10:25 pm.

4. From there, ride the Bundelkhand Express Train No. 11108 in the Varanasi Junction.

5. Depart at Mahoba which you can reach at 3:20 am.

6. Ride the Sampark Kranti Express Train No. 22448 which leaves at 5:20 from the station.

7. Arrive in Khajuraho Station at 6:35 am.

You can also ride a train from Gorakhpur to Jhansi, this is about 10 hours. Then in Jhansi, ride a bus going to Chhatarpur. From Chhatarpur, ride a bus going to Khajuraho.

The distance between Lucknow and Khajuraho is about 304 kms. To reach the Khajuraho from Lucknow, here is what you need to do:

1. Go to Lucknow Junction Railway Station.

2. Ride the Lucknow - Kanpur Memu Train No. 64209. It departs by 2:30 pm.

3. Arrive at Kanpur Central by 4:20 pm.

4. Ride the Kanjur - Khajuraho Passenger Train No. 51802 which leaves at 4:30 from the station.

5. Arrive in Khajuraho Station by 11:00 pm.

Alternatively, you can ride a train going to Satna from Lucknow. Then, from Satna, ride a bus going to Khajuraho, which is about three hours more away.

The Khajuraho Temples are about 9 kms away from the Khajuraho Railway Station. Since there are no buses operating from the station to the temples, you need to ride an auto rickshaw to reach the temples. This can cost as low as Rs. 10 if you share the rickshaw with other people. If it's just you, it's at Rs. 100 to Rs. 150.

I hope this helps!

P.S.

You can also ride a bus from Gorakhpur or Lucknow to Varanasi. Then from Varanasi, ride a bus going to Khajuraho.

You can also take a bus from Lucknow to Satna. Then ride another bus from Satna to Khajuraho.

The problem with buses is that they can be time-consuming and draining.