1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khajuraho Temples

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Sharon, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

Hi all. I'm thinking of visiting the Khajuraho Temples. I see that a couple of different tours can be booked; one is a 'walking' tour and the other is simply labeled a 'private' tour (more $$$). Has anyone here done either? If so, which is best?

2. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

I think I would go on a walking tour first to see the different temples, it will save you money and you will probably see the exact same thing as the private.

3. Sharon

Sharon New Member

That's a good idea, Tabitha. Good exercise, too. ;) I think I'll go with your suggestion and pick the less expensive tour if I book. Then I can spend my savings elsewhere.

4. Dakota

Dakota New Member

I have taken private tours and walking tour. In a private tour normally you go to different factories and watch them make local arts and crafts. Afterwards, you pass through their store to buy a few things on the way out. However, on the private tour you'll have a chance to visit a few more places that you can't visit on a walking tour.

5. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

The Khajuraho temples are located in Central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. They are located at around 175 Km southeast of Jhansi. It's a UNESCO world heritage site. It's famous for its erotic sculpture and the temple's architecture is astounding and is a must see.

Going by walk is news for me. Would you mind sharing some of the details?