1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hostels in Kolkatta (Calcutta)

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by art_and_yoga, Jul 29, 2016.

1. art_and_yoga

art_and_yoga New Member

My first stop in India will be Kolkatta. I am considering staying in youth hostels for most of my time in India. In the past I've had pleasant stays in hostels elsewhere. However, I've also had some other experiences at hostels which were not so good. Can anyone give me a recommendation? Or tell me which to avoid? I would prefer to stay somewhere clean and safe. I am open in terms of price. Thanks

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I can recommend a few cheap hotels/hostels in the Kolkata area to you:

Hostels Under Rs. 1,000 in Kolkata
    • Georgia Inn - Their Single Occupancy Room is at Rs. 700 per night. It has its own attached bathroom and basic amenities like television, bed and chairs with desk. Although the room itself is quite simple, they're located right in the heart of the city. Rooms are also very clean and hygienic. Their address is: 1, Doctor Lane, Janbazar, Taltala Janbazar, Taltala Kolkata, West Bengal 700014. Their contact number is: +91 98306 34839.
    • Capital Guest House - This guest house probably has the cheapest AC Room in Kolkata at Rs. 590 per night. It comes with a single bed and a television as well. The bathroom has a shower as well. They're located right in the city as well so you can access main commercial areas. Their address is: 11B Chowringhee Lane Kolkata, West Bengal, Pin - 700016. Their contact number is: +91-33-2252-5225/0598.
    • Hotel Venkateswara - Their Standard Non-AC Room is at Rs. 999 per night. This is one of the nicest rooms amongst all the budget hostels in Kolkata. It has a comfortable and double bed, with a sofa set as well. It also has an attached bathroom with hot/cold running water. There's also a flat-screen television with cable. You can also hang your clothes in their wardrobe cabinet. The room is clean and has an elegant design. Their address is: 1/32H, Prince Golam Md Road, Manoharpukur, Kalighat, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026. Their contact number is: +91 94079 60496.

Hostels under Rs. 2,000 in Kolkata
    • Hotel Bengal Guest House - Their Single Room is at Rs. 1,120 per night. It has a large double bed and air-conditioning. The bathroom has 24 hours hot/cold shower. There's also a television, mini-bar, wardrobe cabinet and WiFi in the room. You can avail of services like laundry service and room service. The hotel is very near the Quest Mall as well. Their address is: Fazlul Haque Sarani, Lower Range, Beck Bagan, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017. Their contact number is: +91 33 2290 1736.
    • Hotel Nest International - Their Standard Room is at Rs. 1,507 per night. It has air-conditioning, WiFi, double bed, attached bathroom, shared kitchen, LED television and telephone. They're also very near Quest Mall and other shopping areas and restaurants in Kolkata. Their address is: 11 Tarak Dutta Road, Near Quest Mall, Kolkata - 700019. Their contact number is: +91-33-2290-3707.
    • Sushama Guest House - Their room rates are between Rs. 1,400 and 1,800. Rooms have air-conditioning, wardrobe cabinet, double/twin beds and an attached modern bathroom. They also offer Ayurvedic treatments for guests. Their address is: Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064. Their contact number is: +91 98318 04356.

I hope this helps.

:)

art_and_yoga likes this.