1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Gir National Park

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by RaviDeskhmukh, Jul 4, 2016.

1. RaviDeskhmukh

RaviDeskhmukh New Member

I am taking my family to the Gir National Park, and would like to know if there are any hotels within the park premises or a certain boundary of the park area.

If there are hotels available, then it would be easy for the kids to experience the wildlife and live in the open area. According to me, I feel that the hotels in the national park would be costlier than the hotels further away from the park.

As well as mentioning the hotels please also mention the cost as well.

Thank you.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Accommodations are located just nearby the Gir National Park. You will find many accommodation options just outside the park, from hotels, resorts and even guest houses. The nearer the hotel, the better, but of course, like you said, it can be more expensive. Here's a few of the hotels and resorts you can find near the park:

Resorts

• Amidhara Resort.This is about 30 kms from the Gir National Park, this place boasts of its well-furnished rooms and complete amenities. Rooms come with modern bathrooms and televisions. A Standard Room is priced at Rs. 4,500 per night. Other amenities in the resort are a swimming pool, a restaurant and a conference hall. For kids, they can enjoy indoor and outdoor games in the resort. Their address is at: SH 26, Sasan Gir, Gujarat 362135.
    • Saavaj Resort. This is about 32 kms from the park. All rooms have their own AC and private sitout. There's WiFi, LED television, a sofa set, a mini-fridge and a study table in all rooms. Room rates start at Rs. 4,000 per night. Other facilities in the resort are a swimming pool, a conference hall and a restaurant. For kids, there's a recreation park they can enjoy. For the adults, they can enjoy the gym. Their address is at: Sasan-Talala Hwy, Village: Chitrod Taluka: Talala Dist:, Sasan Gir, Gujarat 362135.
    • Vanvaso Resort. This is about 34 kms from the park. The resort itself provides a nature experience for its guests. With the location of the resort, to the design of it, everything is made to resemble the most authentic jungle experience for guests. Rooms either face the jungle or the river, it's your choice which one you pick. They come with LCD television, fridge and tea/coffee maker. Rates start at Rs. 7,500 per night. There's also a swimming pool, a spa and a conference hall in the resort. A multi-cuisine restaurant is perfect for those wanting different dishes. Their address is: On the Bank of Hiran River, Chitrod - Sagondra Road, Sasan Gir, Talala, Gujarat 362150.
    Hotels
    • The Gateway Hotel. Located just at the banks of Gir Forest, you'll find this hotel. Their Superior Room has a great view of the river. Along with the room comes a modern bathroom and even a play area for kids. There's also a spa, a business centre and a fitness centre in the hotel. Rates for the rooms start at Rs. 9,000 per night. Their address is at: National Park, Near Near Sinh Sadan, Junagadh, Sasan Gir, Gujarat 362135.
    • Hotel Umang. This is about 29 kms from the park. A great budget hotel near the park, their AC Super Deluxe Room is priced at Rs. 1,500. For the price, you'll get all the amenities you might need. Rooms are very clean and hygienic. If you're on a budget, then this is the best option for you. Their address is: Near Sinh Sadan, Near Telephone Exchange, Sasan Gir, Talala Gir, Junagadh, Gujarat 362135.
    Others
    • Maneland Jungle Lodge. This is about 32 kms from the park. This is a hotel/resort/lodge featuring the use of local materials in their rooms. Cottages give a great view of the surrounding jungle. At a starting rate of Rs. 4,800 per night, you can definitely enjoy your stay here in the lodge. Other facilities in the lodge are: swimming pool, library, banquet hall and restaurant. Their address is at: Junagadh, Gujarat 362150.
    • Gir Jungle Lodge. This is located very near the park, just nearby its entrance. Their AC Standard Room is at Rs. 5,000 per night. They have free WiFi, a swimming pool, a court, a conference hall and a jogging track. Kids can enjoy their park as well. Their address is at: Sasan Junagadh Road, Junagadh, Sasan Gir, Gujarat 362135.
    I hope this helps!

3. EdmondE

EdmondE New Member

I have my eye on this very trip for me and my fiancee. We have both dreamed of visiting India, and the more research we do, the more we realize that we would very much like to witness the Gir National Park. we love experiencing nature, but we also like to stay in comparable comfort and luxury. Thank you for the list above posted by briannagodess, it was extremely helpful.