1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Ranthambore from Mumbai

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Gaurav1980, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Gaurav1980

Gaurav1980 New Member

I am from Mumbai and early next year I would like to take my two kids to Ranthambore, as they are keen on visiting the National Park there.

I would like to know more about how to reach Ranthambore from Mumbai. It would be good to see what all options there are for traveling, it is not necessary that it has to be an easy journey, as my kids are quite adventurous, so the more adventure they experience the better it is for them.

Thank you.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are two ways you can travel from Mumbai to Ranthambore either by train then car or bus or by flight then by car or bus

By Train

• You need to take a train from Mumbai to Sawai Madhopur which is the nearest train station to Ranthambore.
    • From Sawai Madhopur, you can either take a cab or a bus towards Ranthambore.

By Air
    • You need to get a flight from Mumbai to Jaipur, which is the nearest airport to Ranthambore.
    • From Jaipur, you can get a bus or cab towards Ranthambore.
    The Ranthambore National Park is open from October to June, but the recommended time to visit Ranthambore is from the months of December to April. The park is open from 6 am and closes at 6 pm.

3. Prits

Prits Member

I have traveled from Mumbai to Ranthambore, which is why I would like to share my experience.

When going to Ranthambore I would travel on a train straight to Sawai Madhopur, as it is much easier and less tiring. Only take the flight option if you wish to stay in Jaipur for a couple of days, as if you plan to get a cab or bus to Ranthambore immediately after the flight you would be more tired and the journey just seems longer.

I didn't want to stay in Jaipur and found that the train journey was much easier and less tiring.

4. Deven

Deven Member

There are different ways to reach Ranthambore from Mumbai, and the best option depends on your budget, travel preferences, and time constraints. Here are some options:

1. By air: The nearest airport to Ranthambore is Jaipur International Airport, which is around 180 km from Ranthambore. You can take a direct flight from Mumbai to Jaipur, which takes about 2 hours. From Jaipur, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to Ranthambore.

2. By train: There are several trains from Mumbai to Sawai Madhopur, the nearest railway station to Ranthambore. The journey takes around 16 to 20 hours, depending on the train you choose. From Sawai Madhopur, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Ranthambore.

3. By road: You can also drive from Mumbai to Ranthambore, which takes around 14 to 16 hours, depending on the route you take. The most common route is to drive via NH48 and NH52, passing through Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, and Kota. You can also hire a taxi or take a bus from Mumbai to Ranthambore.

If your looking for the most convenient and time efficient way to reach Ranthambore it would be by flight.

5. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

There are several ways to travel from Mumbai to Ranthambore National Park, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few options to consider, with more details to help you decide:

• Train: This is a popular and relatively inexpensive option. Several trains run daily from Mumbai to Sawai Madhopur, the nearest railway station to Ranthambore National Park. The journey takes about 13-15 hours. While it is not the fastest option, it offers a chance to experience the Indian countryside and relax on the comfortable trains. Some popular trains on this route include:
      • Mumbai Central - Sawai Madhopur Superfast Express (12957)
      • Bandra Terminus - Sawai Madhopur Duronto Express (22423)
      • Mumbai Central - Jaipur Express (12985)
      Train from Mumbai to Sawai Madhopur
    From Sawai Madhopur, you can take a taxi or rickshaw to the park entrance, which is about 11 km away.

• Flight: Flying is the fastest way to get from Mumbai to Ranthambore. There are no direct flights from Mumbai to Sawai Madhopur, but you can fly to Jaipur or Delhi and then take a taxi or car to Ranthambore. The flight from Mumbai to Jaipur takes about 1.5 hours, and the drive from Jaipur to Ranthambore takes about 3-4 hours. This is a good option if you are short on time and want to maximize your time in the park.
      Flight from Mumbai to Jaipur

• Road trip: This is a great option for an adventurous family. The drive from Mumbai to Ranthambore is about 1,046 km and takes about 16-18 hours. The route takes you through some interesting towns and countryside, and you can stop along the way to explore places like:
        • Pune: A historic city known for its colonial architecture and proximity to the Western Ghats mountain range.
        • Surat: A bustling port city known for its diamond cutting industry and delicious Gujarati cuisine.
        • Ranthambore National Park: Of course, the main destination of your trip!
      Road trip from Mumbai to Ranthambore
    However, it is important to note that the roads in India can be challenging, so this option is not for everyone. Make sure you are comfortable with long car rides and research the road conditions before embarking on your trip.

• Combination: You can also combine different modes of transportation. For example, you could fly from Mumbai to Jaipur and then take a train or car from Jaipur to Ranthambore. This can be a good option if you want to save time on the journey but still experience some of the adventure of a road trip.
    Ultimately, the best way to travel from Mumbai to Ranthambore depends on your budget, time constraints, and preferences. Consider these factors and the details provided for each option to make an informed decision.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when planning your trip:

• The best time to visit Ranthambore National Park is from October to March, when the weather is dry and cool.
      • You will need to book your safari rides and accommodation in advance, especially during peak season.
      • Be sure to pack comfortable shoes, clothes, and a hat for your trip.
      • If you are traveling with children, research kid-friendly activities and accommodations in Ranthambore National Park.