1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Mumbai Airport From Pune?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Divindra, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Divindra

Divindra New Member

I have recently booked a flight ticket from Pune to Delhi, for some reason the departure airport is showing as Mumbai airport when Pune airport had been chosen. I have contacted the travel agency and they are denying that they have made a mistake and are unable to change the departure airport unless a payment is made which is a lot.

So my only option that remains is traveling from Mumbai airport, therefore I need to know how to reach Mumbai airport from Pune?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The options available to travel from Pune to Mumbai airport are a taxi, train or bus. The distance from Pune to Mumbai airport is between 155km to 192km depending on what mode of transport you take.

If you prefer traveling by bus, there are many options for the buses going from Pune to Mumbai Airport. You can either get a private run bus or a government-run bus. Depending on what bus you get, the bus may stop at several locations in Mumbai.

There are also many options for trains leaving from Pune to Mumbai. The trains arrive at Mumbai Central so the only problem with this mode of transport is that you would need to get alternative transport from Mumbai towards Mumbai airport.

The third option is getting a taxi from Pune to Mumbai airport. This is the easiest and most convenient way of traveling, as the taxi would pick you up from wherever you are and drop you at the desired location.

3. Karan

Karan Member

Here is a list of the ways to reach Mumbai Airport from Pune:

1. By Air: The fastest way is to take a flight from Pune Airport (Lohegaon Airport) to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Mumbai Airport). This is the quickest option but may also be the most expensive.

2. By Train: You can take a train from Pune to Mumbai. The journey takes around 3-4 hours depending on the train and route. Once you reach Mumbai, you can use local transportation options like taxis or trains to get to the airport.

3. By Bus: Several private bus operators and state transport buses operate between Pune and Mumbai. The journey takes around 3-4 hours. After reaching Mumbai, you can use local transportation to get to the airport.

4. By Car/Taxi: You can also hire a taxi or drive your own car from Pune to Mumbai. The drive takes around 3-4 hours, depending on traffic conditions. There are tolls along the way.

5. Shared Cabs and Ride-Sharing Services: Shared cabs and ride-sharing services like Ola and Uber are also available for travel between Pune and Mumbai. They can be convenient and economical options.

6. Train and Metro: You can take a train from Pune to Mumbai, and then use the Mumbai Metro and other local transportation options to reach the airport.