1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Ranthambore from Jaipur?

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by DeepikaGahlot, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DeepikaGahlot

DeepikaGahlot New Member

I would like to take my kids and my friend and her kids to Ranthambore for a long weekend trip. We are all from Jaipur so traveling won't be an issue, apart from actually getting there.

I would like some directions and guidance on how to reach Ranthambore from Jaipur?

I would also like to know that if I leave at 7 am would I easily be able to reach Ranthambore before dark?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

The distance between Jaipur and Ranthambore is roughly around 168 kilometres. Driving this distance can take around 3 hours and 30 minutes. If you are driving a normal car, then I'd suggest this route:
    • Route No. 1 via Tunga - Jaipur > Tunga > Bassi > Lalsot > Soorwal > Sawai Madhopur > Ranthambore.
    This route is about 208 kilometres long so it can take longer to reach Ranthambore with this one. However, if you have a normal or smaller car with lower ground clearance, this is your better option as the roads here are in good condition.

To reach Ranthambore from this route, you need to continue until Bassi, just after the toll gate. Roads here are in excellent conditions apart from the constant speed breakers.

From Lalsot to Sawai Madhopur, road conditions are also good. There's a rough patch before you reach Lalsot but it's a few kilometres only. Beyond that, roads are easy to drive in.

From Sawai Madhopur to Ranthambore, road conditions are good as well and you'd reach the latter in a few minutes or so.
    • Route No. 2 via Dausa - Jaipur > Kanauta > Dausa > Dholawas > Lalsot > Bilona > Soorwal > Sawai Madhopur > Ranthambore.
    This route is about 166 kilometres long. It's shorter but there are some rough patches in this route. I only recommend this one to those with SUV vehicles or high ground clearance.

From Jaipur to Dausa, roads are average. There are some bad patches but there are also good patches. Scenery-wise, it's very beautiful and captivating though.

From Dausa to Lalsot, roads are pretty bad and rough. Some roads need to be renovated very badly and if you have a smaller car, it might get scratched. This is the toughest stretch on this route so do be prepared for that.

From Lalsot to Ranthambore, road conditions are pretty manageable. You'd reach Ranthambore in over an hour or so.

If you leave before 7:00 am, you can definitely reach Ranthambore before dark as the journey would be around 3 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours. For the month of October, the safari timings in the park are the following:
    • Morning - 7:00 am to 10:30 am
    • Afternoon - 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
    So you would be able to reach Ranthambore just in time for the afternoon safari.

I hope this helps you!:)