1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian wedding in Delhi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by SarahDale, Dec 13, 2014.

1. SarahDale

SarahDale New Member

We are supposed to attend a wedding in New Delhi, it is a 3 day long function with 3 separate events: engagement, wedding and reception. We are flying all the way from CA to New Delhi and want to wear traditional Indian clothes, but the host (groom) is no help at all as he says you can anything you like and its fine. We want to wear real traditional Indian wear on his wedding so please help us know what to wear and from where can we buy it. Is it better to buy it here in US or we should plan to shop in India?

We are planning to spend 4 weeks in India after his marriage so we will keep bothering you for suggestions :)

Thanks,
    Sarah

2. Bholae Nath

Bholae Nath New Member

First Welcome to India and India Travel Community too.. Bhole baba's blessings are with you :)

If you take my suggestion then it's better to shop in India, there are few reasons to support my suggestion:
    1. Outfits are far much more better and cheaper down here in India.
    2. Indian Readymade garment shops in US are big time rip off.
    3. Everything which you buy in US is exported from India only.
    4. You will get more choice in India, Karol Bagh in Delhi is hub of wedding wears.

I assume you are a married couple so its better if you buy a Lancha or Lehanga (its less time consuming to wear when compared with saari) for your self and Sherwani for your husband, I am sure he will like it ;)

Jai Bhole Nath