1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

India's Sweets

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by JoJo, Feb 19, 2016.

1. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I didn't realize India is famous for it's desserts. Looking at some of them, I can see why. The one that I would really like to sample is Tamil-Style sweet Rice Pudding. It is topped with raisins and cashews which are two of my favorites. What's your favorite dessert in India?

2. Jiggy

Jiggy New Member

I don't eat desserts very often, but I absolutely love rice pudding. I can't wait to try it in India. Topping it with raisins and cashews is a brilliant idea for some extra sweetness and a crunch.

3. Startlet245

Startlet245 New Member

I have only ever had a yogurt type dessert in an Indian restaurant, but I would love to try some different things. I rarely see a large dessert menu in any Indian eating places here, so honestly assumed that sweet things were not terribly popular.

Rice pudding sounds good if you have not had rice with the main meal, otherwise it may be a bit heavy.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've never really experienced Indian desserts - my local Indian restaurant doesn't have a dessert menu so usually when I am craving something sweet I will just order a mango lassi from their drinks menu. It also helps cool down some of the heat from the dishes I like to eat!

I do think that rice pudding with raisins and cashews sounds yummy though - I love all of those things so I'm sure it's delicious.