IRCTC Chennai to Goa by train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Gopalaa90, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Gopalaa90

Gopalaa90 New Member

Hi

I am trying to find the train route from Chennai to Goa and would appreciate if you can help me with this. There doesn't seem to be a direct train from Chennai to Goa and I have even tried to search from Chennai to Bangalore and Bangalore to Goa. I know there is a regular bus service from Bangalore to Goa, but I am not very keen to use it. Can you suggest any route from Chennai to Goa by train?

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi

Station code for Chennai Central is MAS and station code for Madgao is MAO so you need to search from MAS to MAO. Regarding your query I know of only two direct trains from Chennai to Goa, which are:

Train No. 06001 Madgaon Exp which starts from Chennai Central every Sunday (once in a week) at 10:10 and another is
    Train No. 17311 Mas Vasco Exp which starts from Chennai Central every Friday (once in a week) at 13:50

3. Ridhi

Ridhi New Member

You are right; currently, there aren't many train options to travel directly from Chennai to Goa. There is currently only one weekly train that runs between these two cities. Here are the details:

MAS UBL SF EXP (17311): This train departs Chennai Central (MAS) on a weekly basis and reaches Madgaon Junction (MAO) in Goa. The travel time is approximately 15 hours and 30 minutes.
    You can find the train schedule and availability on Indian railway booking websites like [IRCTC](https://www.irctc.co.in/ ).

If you're looking for more frequent train options, you might consider alternative routes with a stopover at another city. Here are two options:

Chennai to Hyderabad to Goa: This route involves taking a train from Chennai to Hyderabad and then another train from Hyderabad to Goa. While this might take longer than the direct train, you'll have more train options to choose from for each leg of the journey.

Chennai to Mumbai to Goa: Similar to the previous route, you can take a train from Chennai to Mumbai and then another train to Goa. This route offers more train connectivity as well.
    Ultimately, the best route for you will depend on your preferences for travel time, number of connections, and budget.