1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur airport to Jaipur railway station

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Shenshah, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Shenshah

Shenshah New Member

I will be coming from Abu Dhabi and arriving at Jaipur airport. I need to reach Ajmer where my family is, and I would travel by train from Jaipur.

To make the right train bookings and have enough time to reach the train I will book, I need to know the distance between Jaipur airport to Jaipur railway station.

Can I easily get an auto or taxi from Jaipur airport?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shenshah! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between Jaipur International Airport to the the Jaipur Railway Station is about 13 kilometres. It depends on which road you take to reach the railway station from the airport. If you take the Tonk Road, the distance is about 12.4 kilometres. If you take the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg Road, the distance is about 13.3 kilometres. And lastly, if you take the Gopalpura Bypass Road, the distance is about 13.5 kilometres. On average, it can take you around 30 minutes to reach the railway station from the airport, if you hire a taxi or a car.

There are both prepaid taxi and car rental counters at the Jaipur International Airport. Both are located in the Visitors Area in the Terminal 2 of the Jaipur International Airport. You can find them just before you exit the Final Gate of the airport. Just opposite the airport, there is also another prepaid taxi counter. There are also general taxis available just outside the airport although they are not the metered types so you have to negotiate a price with them.

There are also auto-rickshaws and cycle-rickshaws outside the Jaipur International Airport. Cycle-rickshaws cost less and they can cover short distances. On the other hand, there are prepaid auto-rickshaws and unmetered auto-rickshaws available as well. Don't worry though as the unmetered auto-rickshaws has fare charts so you would know how much you have to pay.

Fares vary as well. For day time, prepaid taxis would average between Rs. 150 to Rs. 200. For night time, charges are slightly higher for the taxis at Rs. 200 to Rs. 300. Auto-rickshaws charge less at about Rs. 100 to Rs. 150. Lastly, cycle-rickshaws charge even lesser at about Rs. 80 to Rs. 100. Since the distance of the Jaipur Railway Station to the Jaipur International Airport is not too long, you can opt for either a taxi or an auto-rickshaw/cycle-rickshaw.

Yet another option for you would be to go the nearby JCTSL Bus Stand, located about 2.5 kilometres away from the Jaipur International Airport. From there, you can board a bus going to the Jaipur Railway Station. Buses operate as early as 5:00 in the morning until 8:00 to 9:30 in the evening. Here are the buses plying to the Jaipur Railway Station:
    • Bus No. 6, Bus No. 9, Bus No. 9A, Bus No. 10, AC Bus No. 2 and AC Bus No. 3.
    Bus frequency varies but it averages between 9 minutes to 30 minutes each. Fare is very minimal and suitable for budget travellers. You can just ride an auto or a taxi to reach the JCTSL Bus Stand from the Jaipur International Airport.

I hope this helps you!:)