1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangalore railway station to airport

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Jittu, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jittu

Jittu New Member

I am traveling from Mandya to Bangalore via train, and my arrival at Bangalore railway station will be in the late afternoon.
    My flight is at night from Bangalore airport, and I need to reach the airport in time.

Please, can someone tell me the best and easiest way to get from Bangalore railway station to airport?

2. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

Hi Jittu, I am assuming that your arrival will be at the Bangalore City railway station.

The two options you have to get from the railway station to the airport are by either bus or taxi. Autos are not allowed inside the airport so that is not an option.

The distance from Bangalore railway station to Bangalore airport is 35km.

Bangalore Railway Station to Aiport by bus

Just outside the railway station is the Kempegowda bus stand (there are two stands you will get a bus from both of the stands), and from there you need to get the Vayu Vajra bus which takes you to the airport. The buses are air conditioned so your journey would be comfortable. The buses are quite frequent and come every 20-30 minutes.

Bangalore Railway Station to Airport by taxi

Taking a taxi from the railway station to the airport would be slightly faster but a litter on the high on cost as compared to getting a bus. You can get the radio taxis such as Ola or Uber and they would arrive instantly.