1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kovalam Beach Resorts

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Arjun, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Arjun

Arjun New Member

Hello everyone, I am looking for some Kovalam beach resorts of course in Kovalam!
    I don't know much about the West side of India, which is why I am asking for help on the forum. The holiday will be a honeymoon and plan to take my wife early May.

I want a quiet location, and not a place full of noise and disturbance, pool at the resort is a must and of course brilliant rooms and service. View of the beach should be good, and the beach should be one of the best ones in Kovalam.

I am looking for a resort with a budget of Rs5000 per night but can stretch it a bit depending on the resort. I was looking at The Leela Kovalam, but it seems overpriced being around Rs8000 - Rs9000 per night.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I think your only other top choice is the Vivanta. The Leela is good, and if you book well in advance you can get a good discount. But I agree that it is on the higher side for what it offers. The Vivanta is also expensive, but I think offers more.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Arjun!

Here are some resorts and hotels with the requirements you have mentioned:

Kovalam Beach Resorts Under Rs. 5,000
    • Hotel Samudra KTDC - The hotel has its own swimming pool and is just adjacent to the Kovalam Beach. They also have a beer parlour that adult guests can enjoy. They have a conference hall for group functions and events. Families can also enjoy the lawns and the gardens in the hotel. Their Deluxe Room is at Rs. 3,650 per night. It has a sea view, a television, an attached bathroom, a double bed and lamps. Staff here are very friendly and hospitable. Their address is: GV Raja Road, Vellar, Kovalam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695527. Their contact number is: +91 471 248 0089.
    • Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel and Spa - This hotel is just across the Kovalam Beach. They also have three swimming pools facing the sea. The hotel also has a gym or health facilities for guests. For the women, they can enjoy the beauty services of the spa. They also have five different restaurants you can choose from. Their Ayur Ashram Pool View Room is at Rs. 4,999 per night. It has its own private balcony, a television, wardrobe cabinet and an attached bathroom. Their address is: GV Raja Road, Samudra Beach, Kovalam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695527. Their contact number is: +91 471 248 3111.
    • Samara Beach Resort - This is adjacent to the Light House of the Kovalam Beach. It overlooks the Light House Beach as well. They have two swimming pools overlooking the surrounding areas. They also have a rooftop restaurant that overlooks the Kovalam Beach. They also have a yoga centre and a spa. Their Palace Sea View Room is at Rs. 4,400 per night. The tariff comes with a complimentary breakfast. The room has tea/coffee maker, an attached bathroom, safety deposit lockers and television. Their address is: Light House Road, Vizhinjam, Kovalam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695523. Their contact number is: +91 471 399 9000.
    • Soma Palm Shore - This is also located in the Kovalam Light House Beach. They have a swimming pool that also has a poolside venue for events. They have a beauty parlour and spa too. They have conference facilities for events too. Their Sea Facing Room is at Rs. 3,000 per night. Rooms overlook the light house at the Kovalam Beach. They have their own private balcony, television and attached bathroom. The staff here are very hospitable as well. Their address is: Light House Road, Kovalam, 695521. Their contact number is: +91 471 248 6666.
    • Thapovan Heritage Home - This hotel overlooks the Nellikunnu Beach, but it's also a walking distance from other beaches like Kovalam and Thiruvallam. Their Hideout AC Single Room is at Rs. 4,515 per night. Since they mostly cater to Ayurvedic patients, there are no swimming pools in the hotel. Their address is: Nellikunnu, Mulloor, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695521. Their contact number is: +91 471 248 0453.
    • Jeevan Beach Resort - This resort is very near the Kovalam Beach. It has a swimming pool with an attached children's pool. Its restaurant faces the sea as well. For the adults, they can enjoy the beer and wine parlour. Ayurvedic treatments and yoga classes are also provided by the hotel. The staff here are quite welcoming and can assist you with any request you might have. Their Exotic Sea View Room is at Rs. 4,000 per night. You can enjoy the sea view and the sunset view from your own balcony. It has a mini-fridge, telephone, television, modern bathroom and WiFi. Their address is: Light House Beach, Kovalam, Kerala 695521. Their contact number is: +91 95445 29957.

There you go! I hope this helps.:)