1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Pichola Hotel, Udaipur

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by grace, Feb 17, 2016.

1. grace

grace New Member

Has anyone stayed at Lake Pichola Hotel? It's located on Lake Pichola, surrounded by water, and is around 180 years old. It was originally built as a summer palace but later turned into a hotel. They filmed part of a James Bond movie there in 1983.

2. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

I hadn't heard of this before so I just Googled it and ... oh my! It is absolutely stunning, and somehow exactly how I think many people imagine an Indian palace should look. The only drawback for me would be how you actually get there. I'm not much of a fan of small boats. Perhaps they have fancy cruiser type boats to ferry guests over?

3. Daira

Daira New Member

That place is beautiful, but my concern about places that are only accessible by boat is how often the boat runs and if they offer that service around the clock. I like to be able to come and go as I please and I don't like the idea of being restricted by a boat schedule.

4. MarilynB

MarilynB New Member

The city of Udaipur sounds like a really interesting place to visit and the hotel looks fantastic. I don't think I'd mind staying there for part of my vacation. I'm sure they have boats that leave the island daily for excursions.