1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Person For Trekking

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by Amit Choudhary, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Amit Choudhary

Amit Choudhary New Member

HI. I am looking for trek partners who are planning for any treks in Himachal and Uttarakhand. Please share your views.

2. Travis

Travis New Member

From you title I see you're new to trekking. You should try and find a small beginners group to join. I'm sure once you reach your destination you can ask around. There might even be a few tours your hotel could recommend you join.

3. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

Since you are just starting to hike, I highly recommend that you start with easy trails. It's also advisable that you run and jog for at least a week before you tackle more difficult trails. Hiking isn't easy if you aren't accustomed to the lifestyle. There are a lot of groups that organize what's referred to as day-hikes. you should join some of these groups. Enjoy your adventures.

4. Trevlr

Trevlr New Member

First you should know what to expect so that you can choose a travel partner or group that suits your interests. I recommend that you travel with local people who have been trekking and know the routes. Make sure you travel when the weather is favourable for you to enjoy your Safari. Ask for advice from someone who has been their before and get to know what you should carry.

5. calicer1996

calicer1996 New Member

Ask your friends man. I hope you are not asking strangers on the internet to accompany you? That wouldn't end well. If you are in college, put up a poster or something.