1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ooty Trip With Family In September

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Ravindar, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Ravindar

Ravindar New Member

Hi,

We are planning to have 2-3 days weekend trip in September first week in own car. looking for a best choice among Ooty. We are group of 2 families with 2 kids (4-5 years Old).
    Can someone please suggest on the best homestays, places to visit, and Ooty toy train travel (which route should we consider, which train, etc.)

Thanks for your valuable advice,

Thanks,
    Ravindar

Chahal likes this.

2. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

For home stays you should look at a website that specializes in home stays.

3. turtledove

turtledove Member

I think you may have to go online to find home stays.
    But, when it comes to places to visit, there are plenty of options. One thing I would definitely recommend doing is just walking around a lot, and getting a good vibe for the area and its scenery. There are also many lakes like Ooty Lake, Emerald Lake and others which are worth visiting. You can also visit a rose garden (I believe it's called the Government Rose Garden) and you can also visit the botanical gardens.

4. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Do not forget to visit the below five places when you are at Ooty. This will be a refreshing experience for you.

Botanical Gardens - A nice refreshing experience. A lot of greenery. It requires a good amount of walking So, I would not recommend this for your group as you have 2 kids in your group. Not recommended for small kids and old aged who cannot walk.
    Tea Factory - Another must visit place in Ootty. You can visit the factory and feel the air is full of tea aroma. You can also purchase the tea processed at the factory.
    Government Rose Gardens - Largest rose gardens in India. It has the largest collection of roses of more than 20k varieties
    Doddabeta Peak - This is the highest peaks in south India. You cannot forget the picturesque Nilgiris in your life time
    Mudumalai National Park - You can find a lot of rare wild animals here.