1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling to Gujrat in September

Discussion in 'Gujarat' started by Derek55, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Derek55

Derek55 New Member

Hi

We (my wife and me) are going to Gujrat for a cultural tour in September this year, can anyone tell me what they thought of hotels and type of restaurants there? I am not a strict vegetarian, but still I prefer eating vegetarian food only when I am out of my country.

Plus, is there any trouble or annoyances for foreign visitors? Like unwelcome attention, pickpockets, beggars etc. and it would be helpful if you can comment on general safety too.

Thanks

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi Derek

Most of the hotels in Gujrat are good and you need not to worry about quality of service, but you will not get alcohol there. If we talk about restaurants then I am not the right person to comment on food because I do not like Gujrati food and whenever I am in Gujrat I prefer eating noodles or Pizza only.
    Gujrat doesn't have many beggars and police in Gujarat is very particular when it comes to tourist safety so you will not face any trouble there. In any case if you need help then just remember to call 100 from any phone and cops will be there within minutes.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Gujarat is a safe place,.. try having a gujrati thali, dhokla, phafda(i personally like ating such stuff) etc.. vegeterain food is easily available there.Very less foriegn people visit gujarat as compared to our other states, but still it has alot to offer.
    have a look at gujarat trousim promo:

ChaiNashta likes this.
  4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

That is not true. Police will never get to you in time when you need them and nor will an ambulance so do not count them. When you need help your only option is people around you so stay among people you can trust :)

5. Gayatri

Gayatri New Member

Is there anything special to see in Gujrat?
    Although the state is advertised a lot for tourism, but nothing is really highlighted about the state.

6. Prits

Prits Member

I wouldn't say there is anything special to see in Gujrat, but there are places to visit which are mostly temples and historical places, you can also put it this way that the state is not popular as a tourist destination.
    Here are a few of the attractions in Gujrat:-

Somnath Mahadev Mandir
    Rani ki Vav
    Dwarkadheesh Temple
    Laxmi Vilas Palace
    Adalaj Step-well
    Sabarmati Riverfront

7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

And the beautiful Rann of Kachh. Take a 4 X 4 and some camping gear with you and spend a night or two there and you would love it. Just don't go when it is too hot. Cold wont bother much.

8. Abhay

Abhay New Member

What is the Rann of Kachh?
    If you are someone who can take the heat then September is fine but otherwise you should wait to go until October or November when the weather would be pleasant.

9. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Gujarat has alot to offer from temples to wildlile sancturaries, greenry to barren lands..
    some famous places are:

1)Somnath temple( 1 of the 12 jyotirlinga,well maintaned temple, used to be full of gold until attacked by Mhd.Ghori.. the sunset is amzing and you could enjoy horse or camel ride here at the shore, there's a beach just beside the temple)

2)Dwarkadesh temple ( the place where Lord krishna lived after leaving mathura-vrindavan) also theres Bet-Dwarka, its a temple on an island it is said that the original "Nagri of lord krishna" went down in the ocean at this place only still some remains can be seen.. have a bath at dwarka beach its a clean beach.

3)Gir Natianl park( i missed the chance to visit this place due to monsoon, but i am sure it is a nice place for Lion Lovers its home to "Asiatic Lions"

4)Nageshwar Shiv temple ( 1 of the 12 jyotirlinga, lord shiva's statue is marvelous piece of architecture)

5) Gobi-talab (shri krishna and gopi's used to take bath but it was dirty when i visited maybe now the govt. has taken some initiatives)

there are still many places to visit in gurajt but not coming to my mind at the moment.. will post em when i rember em..

"Ek Din To Gujar ke Dekho Hamare Gujarat Me" --Shri Amitabh Bahccan

10. Gayatri

Gayatri New Member

Is the Rann of Kachh something similar to Sambhar Lake?

11. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Saputara is not a place to be missed and I am suprised no one else has mentioned it on the forum. Saputara is actually the second highest plateau in the Western ghats, and consists of a number of water bodies.

12. ParishZala

ParishZala New Member

It is some what similar to Sambhar Lake, the only difference is the location.