1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parli Vaijnath Temple Pooja Timings

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Simar55, May 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Simar55

Simar55 New Member

I am from Mumbai and wish to travel to Parli to visit the Parli Vaijnath Temple. My journey from Mumbai will be on a bus which would take me straight to Parli. I would take half a days rest, then take off to visit the temple.

I would like to attend the poojas performed at the temple and need to know the timings. There, please provide the Parli Vaijnath Temple pooja timings.

2. Deven

Deven Member

The Parli Vaijnath Temple is open from 5.00am till 3.30pm then reopens at 6.00pm till 9.00pm

The pooja timings are 5.00am and 6.00pm.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The Parli Vaijnath Temple is also known as the "Parli Vaidyanath Temple." This temple belongs to the 12 Jyotirlinga temples of Lord Shiva. You can find this temple in the slopes of the Naganarayana Mountain Ranges. The village where the temple is located is Parli, which also goes by many names: Madhyarekha Vaijayanti, Kantipur or Jayanti. This village is the place where the Gods successfully retrieved the Amrit, hence the name Parli Vaijnath.

Devotees from all over India visit the temple. During worship time, the devotees are allowed to touch the Linga (it's where the Amrit is stored). This is believed to help in the healing and reaping of some other benefits by the devotees. The Abhiseka is also performed by many devotees here using Vilvam leaves.

The temple is open daily from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm. But there is an afternoon break, so schedule your trip accordingly. The afternoon break is from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. The Pooja timings are:
    • Special Somvar Pooja on Mondays
    • Shadopachar Pooja or Morning Aarti at 5:00 am
    • Bhasmapuja at 5:00 pm
    • Shringar Pooja at 6:00 pm
    • Evening Aarti at 9:45 pm
    I hope this helps!