1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Stay in Coorg

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Alpesh, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Alpesh

Alpesh New Member

I am going Coorg for business purposes and will have some days in between where I will be free, so will go to some local places for a visit.
    I will be arranging my stay myself so require some help on the place to stay in Coorg.

I need help with the location to stay in Coorg and if possible hotels as well but not necessary.

Regards
    Alpesh.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Most of the tourists visiting Coorg prefer staying at Madikeri. Madikeri is the business hub of Coorg and there are lots of hotels and resorts suitable to all kinds of budgets. If you are looking for cheap/budget hotels, then Madikeri main market area (near KSRTC bus stand) is your best bet.

In case you prefer staying away from the tourist rush, then opt for hotels around Bylakuppe or Kushalnagar. Being residential locality, there are quite a few homestays available in this area.

Further down south, there are a few accommodation options at Kakkabe as well. Being on the country-side, Kakkabe would ideally suit those who are looking for serenity and peace. Somwarpet can also be a good option. It is especially preferred by the trekkers who are interested in Kumara Parvatha trek.

Virajpet is another place where you can find a number of budget hotels and cheap lodges. But staying there can be a little inconvenient as you would need to travel some distance to visit the popular tourist attractions in Coorg. So do keep that in mind while finalizing your hotel.

For more details about popular hotels in Coorg along with their contact numbers, you can refer to this Coorg Travel Guide.

Regards,
    Deb

briannagodess likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Alpesh!

You have two options of accommodations when staying in Coorg: homestays and hotels/resorts. Let's begin with the homestays. First of all, if you do decide on homestays, know that they are a bit further away from the town proper. They're the best option to pick if you'd like to stay away from the crowds and the city. They're best for nature lovers who prefer natural sceneries over sight seeing tourist spots. Here's a list of some homestays in Coorg:

• Gowri Nivas. It is an old ancestral property wonderfully transformed into a homestay. It has four rooms, two in the main house and the other two are cottages. It is one of the few homestays quite near to the city as well. Rates start from Rs. 4,000 per night.
    • Sai Sadan. As a guest, you can take over the whole bottom floor by yourself. The hosts even prepare the meals for you themselves. It is also conveniently located near the city. Rates start at Rs. 3,000 per night.
    • Honey Pot Homes. This one is great for families as they have nearby tree houses they can play in. They have about three cozy cottages with lofts as well. It is also based on a plantation and they offer tours of it every day. Rates start at Rs. 4,000 per night. This one's about 5 kms away from Madikeri.
    • Kedakal Estate. What sets this homestay apart is that there's a swimming pool here. The owners also have a coffee plantation, forest with a river and offers quad biking for an activity here. It is about 10 kms away from Madikeri. Rates start at Rs. 4,000 per night.
    Now, let's go to the hotels. Coorg has many different types of hotels and resorts you can choose from. Here's a list of some of them:
    • The Kadkani Resort. They have about 36 cottages with views of the surrounding mountains and greenery. There's also a swimming pool and a restaurant here. They even offer activities like fishing, river rafting, golfing and many more. Rates start at Rs. 10,800 per night.
    • The Tamara. Another luxurious resort in Coorg, this one is set just in the middle of nature itself. Each room has its own private balcony offering views of the surroundings. There's lots of activities to choose from as well, yoga, nature tours, bird watching or a Rudraksha Trail. Rates start at Rs. 20,500 per night.
    • The Windflower Resort. What I love about this resort is the infinity swimming pool leading to the forests. It's so wonderful to swim and at the same time, have a great view of nature around you. If you're an adventure seeker, you can try the zip lining activity offered by the resort as well. Rates start at Rs. 13,500 per night.
    These homestays and resorts are all located near Madikeri, the town proper. I would suggest just getting a hotel or homestay in Madikeri as it's easier to find restaurants and stores in here. From here, you can just visit the nearby tourist destinations as well.

I hope this helps!

Debapriya Deb likes this.
  4. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

My friend from the UK stayed at the Orange County Cottage in Siddapur. There are raving reviews on this accommodation. She too was thoroughly satisfied.

orange-county-coorg-orangecounty-in.jpg

Image source: Indian Express