1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Visit Near Mumbai

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Ashmita, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Ashmita

Ashmita New Member

My will be accompanying my husband to Mumbai for his business trip. We have been to Mumbai before and have seen everything in Mumbai. This time we want to visit places near Mumbai, as we have around 3-4 days free. Please give some suggestions on places to visit near Mumbai.

We are not too fussy to what kind of place it should be, but it should be a tourist place.

2. Karthik

Karthik New Member

I have been to been to Mumbai on two occasions with friends and on both the times we visited places nearby. On the first trip, we went to Lonavala, which is a must as its the most popular destination to visit near Mumbai. On the second time we visited Mumbai we went to Amboli Valley which is a place of waterfalls.

3. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

Following this thread, Mumbai is one of the places I never been to, so I wanted to kinda explore the place. :D

4. Hooda34

Hooda34 New Member

If you haven't been to Goa, then I would recommend you going there. Some think Goa is an amazing place and some don't like it at all, but this all depends on where you stay and which beaches you visit according to your choice of the crowd. So do make sure you choose the right location according to your taste.

5. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

Any recommendation on which beach in Goa deserves a visit?

6. Karthik

Karthik New Member

@Kate Collins it depends on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for. There are beaches in Goa for those who love some crowd, music, and parties and there are also beaches which are quiet with less population.

7. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

I love beaches with less population and very serene - do you have a recommendation? Thanks

8. Karan

Karan Member

Certainly, here are some great places near Mumbai that you can consider visiting for a short getaway:

1. Lonavala and Khandala: Located just a couple of hours from Mumbai, these hill stations are known for their lush greenery, scenic landscapes, and pleasant weather. You can explore the Bhaja Caves, Karla Caves, and enjoy the breathtaking views at Tiger's Point and Amrutanjan Point.

2. Alibaug: A coastal town known for its pristine beaches, Alibaug offers a relaxed atmosphere. Visit Alibaug Beach, Kolaba Fort, and try the local seafood.

3. Elephanta Caves: A short ferry ride from Mumbai will take you to the Elephanta Island. Explore the ancient Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its rock-cut sculptures and architecture.

4. Matheran: A serene hill station near Mumbai with no vehicular traffic. Enjoy nature walks, viewpoints, and the toy train ride.

5. Pawna Lake: If you enjoy camping, Pawna Lake offers a beautiful camping experience with lakeside views and starry nights.

6. Karnala Bird Sanctuary: Ideal for nature enthusiasts and bird watchers. You can hike to Karnala Fort, home to various bird species.

7. Igatpuri: Surrounded by the Western Ghats, Igatpuri is known for its green hills, waterfalls, and Vipassana International Academy. The Bhatsa River Valley is a picturesque spot.

8. Murud-Janjira: Visit the Murud-Janjira Fort, a coastal fort located on an island. The boat ride to the fort is an adventure in itself.

9. Lavasa: A planned city with beautiful architecture, Lavasa offers watersports, trekking, and good food.

10. Nashik: Known for its vineyards and temples, Nashik offers wine tasting, religious visits, and scenic beauty.

11. Mahabaleshwar: A bit further from Mumbai, but if you have the time, it's worth it. This hill station offers panoramic views, strawberry farms, and beautiful landscapes.

12. Bhandardara: Famous for its pristine lakes, waterfalls, and the Arthur Lake, Bhandardara is a nature lover's paradise.

13. Raigad: Visit Raigad Fort, a historically significant place with a cable car ride.
    These are just a few options for short getaways from Mumbai. You can choose based on your interests and the duration of your trip. Enjoy your visit!