1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restaurants On MG Road Bangalore

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by NShah, Mar 7, 2018.

1. NShah

NShah New Member

I will be in Bangalore soon regarding some office work and most of my day will be spent in an office on MG Road. I wanted to get some restaurant recommendations, where I can have lunch and dinner.

I will be in Bangalore for a week, so I would prefer going to different places to eat every day and without recommendations on the restaurants on MG Road, I know I will end up going to the wrong places and ruining my meal!

2. Karan

Karan Member

I know you have said that you like going to different places, but is there any particular cuisine which you prefer? There is a vast variety of places to eat on MG Road, and to make it easier for suggestions it would be good to know your food choices.

3. Prits

Prits Member

Since you'll be in Bangalore for a week and want to explore a variety of cuisines for lunch and dinner near MG Road, here are some options to consider, venturing beyond the immediate vicinity:

South Indian:
    • Lunch: Head to the heart of Bengaluru for a traditional South Indian vegetarian meal at "Vidyarthi Bhavan" (Lalbagh Road). They are known for their authentic set meals (called "meals") served on a banana leaf.
    • Dinner: For a more modern take on South Indian cuisine in a trendy setting, try "Karavalli" (Inner Ring Road). They offer a variety of seafood dishes alongside classic South Indian fare.

North Indian:
    • Lunch: Indulge in a rich North Indian buffet lunch at "The Permit Room" (Magrath Road). They offer a wide selection of dishes alongside a vibrant atmosphere.
    • Dinner: Experience the flavors of Lucknowi cuisine at "Ab's - Absolute Barbecue" (Indiranagar). This restaurant offers a unique grill-at-your-table concept with a focus on kebabs and curries.

Global:
    • Lunch: Enjoy a healthy and delicious Mediterranean lunch at "Salata" (Church Street). Salata allows you to customize your salad with a wide variety of fresh ingredients.
    • Dinner: For a taste of Italy, head to "Toscano" (Lavelle Road) for a sophisticated setting and delicious pizzas, pastas, and risottos.

Other Cuisines:
    • Lunch: Take a break from Indian food and try some Japanese ramen at "Ippudo" (UB City). Their rich and flavorful ramen broths are a must-try.
    • Dinner: Experience a bit of Southeast Asia with a meal at "Mamagoto" (Koramangala). They offer a vibrant setting and a variety of Thai, Vietnamese, and Malaysian dishes.

Fine Dining:
    • If you're looking for a special occasion dinner, consider "Assorted - ITC Gardenia" (MG Road) for progressive Indian cuisine in a luxurious setting. They offer a modern take on traditional Indian dishes with a focus on presentation and flavor.

Nightlife:
    • In case you're looking for a place to unwind after dinner, "Skydeck" (Indiranagar) is a popular rooftop bar with stunning city views.

Additional Tips:
    • These are just a few suggestions to get you started. Bangalore has a vast and ever-growing food scene, so don't hesitate to explore and discover new places based on your preferences.
    • Consider using online food delivery apps like Zomato or Swiggy to order in from a wider range of restaurants if you're short on time or prefer to dine at your hotel.
    • Since you'll be spending most of your day near MG Road, you can explore some of the lunch options closer to your office area during the week. Use Google Maps to find vegetarian and non-vegetarian options around your office address.
    By venturing beyond MG Road and exploring different neighborhoods, you'll get a better taste of Bangalore's diverse culinary scene. I hope this helps you enjoy your work trip and have some delicious meals!