1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping Jaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Newgob, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Newgob

Newgob New Member

Hiya,

In my next trip to India I am planning to skip Jaipur to save time and proceed directly from Delhi to Udaipur. I genuinely don't desire to drop any time there as I have already experienced enough of Jaipur in my former trip. I was thinking of traveling directly to Udaipur and Jaiselmer. Are there any direct buses or trains from Delhi to Udaipur? Or any tour operators who can offer Udaipur and Jaiselmer tour from Delhi?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Getting a tour from a tour operator would be the last thing I would suggest. Get a bus for Udaipur instead and also for Jaiselmer. It will be a long journey by the way.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are direct buses from Delhi to Udaipur. Here are your options:

1. RSRTC Buses. I was able to find one bus timing which is at 16:30. The bus is a Volvo one. You can easily find bus timings for your scheduled date in the RSRTC website. I just chose a random date and this came up. There's another bus but it has a stopover at Jaipur so I didn't choose that one.

2. Private Buses. There are some private buses operating from Delhi to Jaipur. Some of their bus timings are:
    • Shrinath Travel and Transport Agency (AC Sleeper). Departs at 5:00 pm and arrives at 7:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 1,015.
    • Shri Rishabh Travels (AC Seater/Sleeper). Departs at 8:30 pm and arrives at 9:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 1,000
    • Apna Travels (AC Seater). Departs at 5:00 pm and arrives at 7:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 899.
    • Shrinath Travel and Transport Agency (AC Luxury). Departs at 5:00 pm and arrives at 7:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 300.
    There are also three direct trains from Delhi to Udaipur:
    • The Chetak Express 12981 can reach Udaipur in 12 hours.
    • The Mewar Express 12963 can reach Udaipur in just the same time, with a delay of just 10 minutes.
    • The NJP UDZ Express 19602 can reach Udaipur in more or less 15 hours.
    Fares vary but lowest is at Rs. 380 and highest is at Rs. 2625.

Yes, there are tour operators that can help you with touring Udaipur and Jaisalmer from Delhi. Some of them are:
    • Welcome Rajasthan Tours and Travels. Contact number is +911412205528.
    • Rao Travels. Contact number is: +911146131313.
    I hope this helps!