1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow In Gulmarg In March

Discussion in 'North India' started by Aninesh, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Aninesh

Aninesh New Member

I am a new member on the forum and I am someone who plans holidays well in advance, I have already had this years holiday with the family and now it's time to plan next years holiday.
    Next year in March we plan to go Gulmarg and are keen on seeing the snow, I need to know what chances there are seeing snow in March. It would be a bonus seeing snow fall, but settled snow would be great, better than no snow.

I would also like to know the activities which can be conducted in the snow apart from skiing.

What places are there visit in Gulmarg?

2. Prits

Prits Member

I went Gulmarg late March about three years ago and it was full of snow, although I should say that the summer season does start in April. I think it would be a good idea to travel between early-March to mid-March, and also before you make any bookings it is always a good idea to call a hotel in Gulmarg and ask them about the weather conditions and whether they know if it will still snow as they live there and.
    I hope you do get to see some snowfall as it is truly a wonderful experience.

At Gulmarg there are plenty of other snow sports which you can enjoy apart from sking, which include tobogganing, there are snow scooters and also snow bobbing. There also is the Gulmarg Gondola cable car which is very popular especially to see the view of the snow covered hills.

You can easily hire ski equipment from the ski shop in Gulmarg, so dont worry about buying any sking equipment.

BadBoy likes this.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

As you mentioned you would like to see the snow, but I would also like to recommend visiting Gulmarg during April where you would see snow on the mountain peaks and the rest of Gulmarg full of greenery and in full bloom.
    You could either fit this in your trip next year by making your stay longer or visit Gulmarg some other time during the month of April and May.