1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Vendors

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheba, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Sheba

Sheba New Member

In some countries they have street vendors selling food. I was wondering if they had anyone walking around India pushing small carts of ice cream or different food to sell. A few people say it;s not safe to eat at street vendors in Mexico. I am curious if there is any issues in India.

2. Deven

Deven Member

To be honest, they are not that safe as they are not so hygienic which can be a cause for getting ill. It is best if you avoid eating from the street vendors especially from those who sell on the pushing carts. Instead, go to reputed outlets where you know the food is hygienic and you won't get ill after eating it.

3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

What a shame. In most countries the local street vendors have the best foods to eat. It's too bad in India we shouldn't eat at one. I think that street vendors know how to prepare the food. It also helps them support their families. It must be hard to sell on the street all day long.

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

street vendors are very popular in India. You can see people selling food from road side stalls as well as on push cards. However, you can try street food at your own risk. Street food is not hygenic.

5. Peter

Peter New Member

This is very good to know. I think I’ll stay away from the local street vendors. I don’t feel like getting food poisoning or being sick on my vacation.

6. Jenny

Jenny Guest

This is good to know Vinaya. I know here in the states, we have food trucks that have become very popular. I do not want to get sick though so I will heed your advice and stay away from the vendors.