1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tourism In Sikkim?

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Barty, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Barty

Barty New Member

I've never heard very much about tourism in Sikkim. It piques my interest, as it border on China. Has anyone here ever been there? Are there any special places one would want to visit there?

2. Elizabetonth

Elizabetonth Member

I've never been to Sikkim, but I was planning to, for a while. I know somebody who is involved with running a school there, and, according to her, it's gorgeous. From what she said, it sounds like it can be hard to travel around it. To get to the school, for instance, we would have had to arrange a jeep from the nearest town, which would have taken us hours. I'm also not sure that it's the safest place to be - I think I remember her saying that sometimes there's military presence there. Nevertheless, apparently it's beautiful. If you find anything out that's more concrete than my memories, or if you go, I'd love to hear about it!

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are some beautiful fresh water lakes and lots of hill stations besides some popular trekking routes. Border to China is nothing special to be honest.