1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two days in Darjeeling

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by valeria, Mar 8, 2015.

1. valeria

valeria New Member

Hello people,

I have two days for myself before I meet my companions for trip and I was wondering if you can give me some tips about where to, what to do and what not to do in Darjeeling. I am interested in tasting street foods, knowing the culture and enjoying night life too, but without compromising my safety and security. I am a woman in my mid thirty's and I backpacked before in Europe, but I don't have much experience in India.

Thanks,
    Val

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Darjeeling is amazing! its a true heaven! but i hate the Darjeeling toy train, its nothing in comparison to the toy train we have in shimla. i visited it few years back..

the point that you must visit are as follows:-
    1)Tiger hill
    its basically a sunrise point but the interesting thing about it is that when the sunrises its light falls on K2 or Kanchenjunga(mountains) i don't remember exactly! the best sunrise you would ever see but for that u need to go up early in the morning so get ur self a cab booked..

2)zoo logical park
    if have time go here as well

3)peace pagoda
    It is a Buddhist place and you will feel clam and close to nature here.

4)Rock Garden
    for this place also you need a taxi its somewhere down and is a type of park and is quite amazing but time consuming place.

5)Tea plantations
    just ask a taxi guy to take you to the tea plantations... its amazing to watch tea plucker and drink the tea at some tea shop there.

if you came to Darjeeling via TOY TRAIN, then in somewhere between the journey there would have been a place called "BATASIA LOOP" its a place where the train makes a turn of 360 degrees

you should hire a taxi for one day or 2 and ask the guy to take to these places! or can hire it for 1 day these all places can be easily enjoyed in one day! and the next day just have a long walk in the market and taste the street food!

Chahal, Admin and Gori Bride like this.