1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Darjeeling

Discussion in 'North East India' started by DelorisTen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. DelorisTen

DelorisTen New Member

Hi

Is there anyone in Darjeeling these days? I am in Goa right now and was wondering how's the weather there in Darjeeling as it is hot and humid here in Goa.

How is the crowd there these days, do we have plenty westerners visiting there or just Indians? If it's still cold, then I may consider flying to Darjeeling for sometime.

Deloris

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

as far as i know from march onwards its the best time to visit darjeeling(due to onset of spring).. it must not be hot there.. weather in darjeeling and most of our hilly regions is unpredictable it changes in a matter of time ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

3. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

The best time for Darjeeling is Oct-Nov and Feb. You can also enjoy upto April, but little hotter. Avoid in monsoons as the roads suffer from frequent landslides.

4. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

Best time to enjoy Darjeeling in it's full beauty I believe is in December and January. It gets very cold, true, but the sky is generally very clear, and Kanchenzhongha is visible in her full majesty. If you want to watch the sunrise at Kanchenzhongha, this is the best time. There are lesser people at this time of year, so you can travel all you want without feeling cramped, the hotels are cheaper, and you can get snowfall too, which is always an extra bonus!