1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Andaman in August

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Purohit, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Purohit

Purohit New Member

I am someone who prefers to visit places in the off-peak season, and this year the only time I have off is in August, which is the monsoon season.
    Now the initial plan was to go Andaman, but I am not too sure now because of what the weather conditions may be there.

Please, can members provide details about the weather in Andaman in August?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Purohit and welcome to the forum!

Monsoon season starts in Andaman at the month of May and usually lasts as long as September. Sometimes, the monsoon season can persist until August though. If you'd have to schedule your trip in August, make sure it's in the end of August so that there won't be as much heavy rains.

Generally though, it is only during May up to the middle of September that some attractions and activities are closed in Andaman. These activities are the Sea Walk and Elephant Beach Trip so you won't be able to experience them from May to mid-September. Since you're going in August, you can enjoy almost all activities.

Other activities are available all year round. The possibility of heavy rainfall lessens the chances of that though. But this rarely happens, maybe there's a 5% chance of that happening. Scuba diving, snorkelling and boat rides can be done in August as well.

Ferries and cruises are also available as long as the weather permits. Museums are open as well all year round. One island that is closed in the month of August is the Jolly Bouy so it can revive.

Regarding the rain conditions in Adaman, yes, it might rain during the month of August. But it doesn't really rain all day and you can actually get a refund in case you booked your ticket in advance.

I hope this helps!