1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What day is Taj Mahal closed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PranavBali, Jul 30, 2015.

1. PranavBali

PranavBali New Member

I have tried to find out what day of the week the Taj Mahal is closed but have not find out any accurate information. My Agra trip is coming up very soon and I need to know in advance on which day the Taj Mahal is closed.
    A quick reply would be great. Thanks.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays and open on the other days of the week.

3. Akshay

Akshay Member

Can someone confirm whether Taj Mahal is open on public holidays or not.

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

4. VipulBakshi

VipulBakshi New Member

I think it depends on what public day it is, I dont think it is closed on all public days but some like Independence day or Republic Day etc. It would be best to call the tourism office or ticketing office of the Taj Mahal to confirm this information.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

That is not true. I am not aware of any days that Taj stays closed for tourists. Please provide a reliable source where you got this information.

6. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

God everyone has different answers for this question, I’ve been trying to find accurate information too. Some people tell me that it’s closed on Mondays and then others assure me it’s closed on Fridays. Can someone confirm this information? I’m planning and booking my trip but without accurate information I can’t be certain of anything. Also does anyone know if you have to buy the tickets in advance? I don’t want to be there and staying out because I’ve heard they limit the visitors to 400 or something like that every day.

7. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

400?? neva heard of that..and i dont think TAJ is closed anyday..

There are a lot of *ghooskhor* outside taj if u go there and see a lot of rush, huge lines pay thm 100rs and u are in, u just need the sharp eyes to catch them..

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2

8. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

I think it is closed on Fridays. Visiting time is from sunrise to sunset. There is a night viewing schedule too from 2030 to 0030 hours and duration of each visit should not exceed 30 minutes.

I have rechecked this information from the authorized website of Department of Tourism, Government of UP (tajmahal.gov.in)

9. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Tajmahal remain open on all public holidays, except Fridays. Obviously if any public holiday falls on Friday, then it will be closed on that day. On Fridays it will be open only for people who go to the Mahal for worship.

Earlier it was closed on Mondays and later changed to Fridays since 2000. It will only open for two hours for Muslims for prayers.

10. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays.