Where Is This Monument In India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JoJo, Feb 11, 2016.

1. JoJo

JoJo New Member

During my research on India, I came across this picture and would really like to know where it is. It looks to be in the warmer climate of Southern India but I have no idea where. Anyone?

Jaipur-hawa-mahal.jpg

2. It is located in the hot deserts of Rajasthan which is located in the western India. The above monument is in Jaipur and is known as Hawa Mahal or palace of wind. It is built in pink color and that is why Jaipur is known as the pink city which is the capital of Rajasthan. The above monument was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh and designed by Lal Chand Ustad who was a very famous artists at that time.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

A beautiful building. Is it a pink stone, or a pink brick, or merely painted pink?

4. joshkhtan

joshkhtan New Member

This is Jaipur's most distinctive landmark, Hawa Mahal. There's a small museum which operates during Saturday to Thursday. The corridors inside are rather narrow so I would watch out for that if you are claustrophobic :)

5. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

It was also just recently renovated so definitely check it out when you get to Jaipur. Remember that it is south of the city.