1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to shop in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by SharmaDeven, Dec 3, 2014.

1. SharmaDeven

SharmaDeven New Member

Hi

This is my last week in Bangalore and next week I am moving to Delhi, I really want to buy gifts for my parents and friends from Bangalore but I don't know from where can I get something unique. Going to a mall or fashion street is not an option as most of the stuff there is available anywhere in India. Any suggestion what and from where can I buy?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of unique and quirky stores from which you can buy one-of-a-kind items for your friends and family:
    • Turtle Doves. Located in: 198/C, 7th B Main Road, 3rd Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore 560011. You'll find usual items with a touch of quirkiness here. There are home items like magnets and lamps, all designed uniquely and I'm sure your friends and family would love them. Everything here is designed by a group of designers wanting to provide something different to their customers. I love their chai glasses.
    • Purple Turtles. Located in: #128, 1st main, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bangalore. Another store featuring funky, quirky items. They mostly have home decors like lamps, mirrors and cabinets. I also love their benches and sofas. It's a truly great place to shop for your parent's house needs.
    • The Entertainment Store. Located in: Prestige Eureka, No. 47, Church Street (formerly Java City), Opp Empire Hotel, Church Street, Bangalore. Do you have friends that love comic books and other types of memorabilia? Buy such things from this store. Superheroes are loved by everyone and I'm sure even your friends will love a Superman or Captain America shirt.
    • Levitate. Located in: 100 Ft Boutique, Bar& Restaurant, 100 Ft. Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore. They have all kinds of knick-knacks, from clothes, bags and even accessories. These items aren't the same ones you find in other stores. I love their leather sling bags and vintage shirts.
    • The Rabbit Hole. Located in: 991, 1st cross, 13th main, HAL 2nd stage, Indiranagar, Near 100ft Road, Bangalore 560038. If you know anyone who loves vintage or antique items, then you can buy some gifts for her in here. This store has antique typewriters, antique coffee grinders and many more antique stuffs. You can also find antique jewelries in here.
    • Boho Me. Located in: 12th Main Indiranagar, 5th Cross Bangalore, India. This is the perfect place to find unique jewelries and accessories in Bangalore. They also have a unique collection of sarees. A great place for finding gift items for your girl friends. All items here are handmade.
    • Psybaba. Located in: 41/2, Castle Street, Near-Empire Suites, Ashok Nagar Bangalore. All items here are made by the owner. You can even find eco-friendly perfumes that smell like designer ones! A perfect gift for your female and male friends.
    There you go, a list of some quirky shops along with the items you can buy in their shops. I think gifting unique and handcrafted items is the best way to go. I hope I've given you enough gift and shop suggestions. I hope this helps you!