1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice About Some Smaller Places In India.

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by djordjem87, Nov 21, 2015.

1. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I am interested to find a place in India, to visit and stay for some time, that is not too big but has some history monuments and ruins as well as nice nature. I have been seeing to much of cities and concrete. I am sure there are some nice towns or even villages because i like adventures in nature and some historical places with soul if you understand me. I would appreciate any help. My history and geography knowledge about India is not so good and i found this forum helpful in gathering this kind of info. Thanks a lot.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I would highly recommend Hampi to you as that sounds like exactly the place you are looking for. Another place that comes to mind is Khajuraho but it is going to be a mission to get there and not a lot of hotels or long term accommodation to choose from. You can also have a look at some ancient temples in South India and see if you like any of them .

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

It's definitely tiring and stressful to be in the hustle of the city life all the time. Luckily, there's lots of tranquil and smaller destinations in India that can help relax and unwind you. These are the destinations that aren't well-known around India but are very much worth visiting. Here they are:
    • Kurnool in Seemandhra. There's lots of temples to visit here namely: the Peta Anjanyeswami Temple, the Venugopalaswami Temple and the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. Aside from that, since you love nature, there's also the Belum Caves and the Oravakallu Rock Garden.
    • Shojha in Himachal Pradesh. Here you can find several temples made out of wood, which is a rare sight to see. It's generally an underrated destination that has many more to offer than what others know of.
    • Halebid in Karnataka. You can find the ruins of the Hoysala architecture in here. Consider visiting the temples here as well namely: the Hoysaleswara Temple, the Belur Temple, the Shantaleswara Temple, Kedareswara Temple and some Jain Temples.
    • Shivanasamundram in Kartaka. There are lots of waterfalls to see here but the most popular ones are the Gaganachukki and Shivanasamudra.
    • Mandu in Madhya Pradesh. It is said that the oldest monument in India is here. There are also lots of architectural ruins to be seen here.
    There you go... These are just some of the relatively unknown destinations in India. I hope this helps you and enjoy your trip!