1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangalore Mysore Ooty Munnar

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by KunalMetha, Jun 14, 2016.

1. KunalMetha

KunalMetha New Member

I will travel to four different destinations with my family consisting of my wife and two kids aged eight years and ten years old. The destinations have been finalized, and I now need help with the itinerary.

I would like to know how many days should be spent at each location and what are the main attractions to visit there.

I can then plan and pack accordingly and know how many days are required for the whole trip.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi @KunalMetha and I'm glad you found this forum!

Here's a possible itinerary for you:

Day 1 - Arrive during early morning in Bangalore. Travel to hotel or accommodation and eat lunch as well. Then, proceed to the following destinations after lunch:

• Lalbagh Botanical Gardens. This houses the largest collection of tropical plants in India. It also has its own lake and you can watch birds from here.
    • Sri Radha Krishna Temple. It is considered as one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world.
    • Vidhana Soudha. The seat of legislature of Karnataka, an imposing building with Indo-Saracenic and Dravidian style of architecture.
    Rest for the night in Bangalore.

Day 2 - Eat breakfast and leave for Mysore. Consider the following destinations en route to Mysore:

• Gumbaz. A muslim mausoleum in Srirangapatna which houses the Tippu Sultan's graves as well as his family's.
    • Tippu Fort and Temple.
    Arrive at the hotel in afternoon to late afternoon. At night visit:
    • Brindavan Garden. Musical fountain during evenings.
    Rest during the night.

Day 3 - Eat breakfast and proceed to the following destinations:

• Maharaja's Palace. Official residence of the Wodeyars, the Maharajas of Mysore.
    • Chamundi Hill. It has an elevation of about 1,000 metres.
    • Big Bull. Located in Chamundi Hills, it is a giant image of Nandi or Bull.
    • Jagan Mohan Palace and Zoo. A great destination for kids.
    Rest during the night.

Day 4 - Travel to Ooty after breakfast. Then consider going to:

• Botanical Gardens. It has about 22 hectares and has different sections that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
    Rest for the night.

Day 5 - Consider the following places:

• Sims Park. Natural park with lots of herbs, shrubs and trees.
    • Lamb's Rock and Dolphin's Nose. Offers amazing views of nature.
    • Tea Garden and Tea Factory. Great for learning more about tea and how it's made.
    Rest for the night.

Day 6 - After breakfast, leave for Munnar. On arrival, eat and depart for the following places:

• Cheyyapara Waterfalls, Valara Waterfalls and Attukadu Waterfalls.
    • Spice Plantation. Perfect for gifts to friends and family.
    Day 7 - Consider the following destinations:
    • Eravikulam National Park. A spacious and large park which the whole family can enjoy.
    • Mattupetty Dam.
    • Tea Plantations. If you've enough of tea plantations, skip this place.
    Rest and head home the next day.

I hope this helps!

Kritika likes this.